Life Time Maps Rights, can they be transfered when a unit is sold?

rocks

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Have been offered a second hand 350LM, that may or may not have been registered by the current owner.
Whilst they get back to me I decided to ask Garmin.. their support team, was well.. pretty useless. The chap I spoke to today was not very sure, but he said "No" they are per user and I would need to purchase new entitlement, quoting £70.
Now I have tried looking on the garmin site to confirm this and have to say, their site is not easily searched.

Has anyone else been in a similar boat? Did you have to buy the life time maps again?
Or do you know for certain that, you don't and thus can transfer the rights?

Help/advice appreciated if you happen to know.
Cheers

PS I know with city navigator you had to pay for each registration and they couldn't be transferred.

Well the lifetime update is registered to the unit, so how are Garmin to know that the unit has changed hands :nenau

This is indeed the point of confusion. I couldn't seem to get a straight answer out of garmin.
But don't you have to enter a "name and address" when you register?
I did with my old 2610. But I know the 350lm has different software now.

As I understand it, the lifetime map subscription is tied to the GPS device, so buying a second-hand unit shouldn't be an issue. Install Garmin Express and let it sort the map and firmware updates for you. If you want to use BaseCamp for route planning, go into Garmin Express's Advanced options and select "Install to device and computer".

Yes, but you are never asked again (Answer to name and address at registration statement)

Back
Top Bottom