R Nine T

I wish I was a dwarf sometimes.Looks a nice bike.Are BMW planning on building a full size one ?

I read somewhere that they will be a finite model, with limited numbers and when they're gone....................they're gone

I think thats right JB, poss only a 2 year run with the aircooled engine. Some dealers have almost sold all of next years 90,s already.
Is it right that it will be water cooled only for boxers after 2016?

Good to know. I'll let you know how the test ride goes.:thumb

You need to change your avatar, btw.;)

Cheers for reminding me Richard :D
Will there be a 9T section in the bikes area for the lucky few who have one as it would be good to banter with fellow 9Ters as the US site isn't great with British humour :D:D:D well mine anyhow,there are some Brits on there and euros but mainly septics obviously :blast
Let me know your thoughts once you've had a demo ride :beerjug:

Huger

Hi 1157

Where did you get the hugger, is it the same as a 1200 r version.

Cheers Paddy

Yes paddy it fits the R1200r ,I got it from nippy norms and painted the plastic part near match to the black storm metallic tank and the alloy stay doesn't match the 9Ts alloy farkles so I had it blasted n powder coated satin black to near match of the frame and my powder coated BMW head guards, the hugger does a brilliant job of keeping the sh*t off the shocker an your legs :clap:clap:clap;):D

I wish I was a dwarf sometimes.Looks a nice bike.Are BMW planning on building a full size one ?

NO:rolleyes: it's one size only :blast I bought it as I know I will shrink into it as we all shrink with age ,unless your a lanky streak of p*ss already ;):D:D

I have a deposit down on one of these and am test riding one on Friday. Trouble is I don't want to part with my KTM950 and I'm going to have the devil of a job persuading Mrs Lungauer that two bikes are required. Also I'll end up with two naked and rather impractical bikes which, on the face of it, seems a bit daft.

Love the look of the nineT though. Must be an age thing. That and fond memories of a 1200GS previously owned.

It a proper sized bike, the same size as an airhead.

There's too many middle aged blokes over compensating by buying bikes that look huge to try and boost their flagging self esteem and little dicks.

Let me guess ? You're about 5'6" ?

:aidan

Sorry to disappoint no I'm 5'-11" and no it's not to small for me either :augie
Don't knock it til you've tried one ,or are you wide n tall ?? If so you may want mirror extenders ;):D

You too could have a bike like this......:eek

1519576_10152427307192741_388476427_o.jpg

http://www.bikeexif.com/custom-bmw-r-ninet

If i lived on the Costa del Sol with all the winding routes i would have one of these, they have just got to be a hoot for back road one up fun.

It's not a GS but it's brilliant in so many other ways without the bike being in control and the rider taking charge i.e no electric trickery minimising riding fun :thumb2
To me its so much more fun than a GS :bounce1:D:D:D

You rode past me yesterday,I'm sure ( I was in my car).

I was heading to Cardiff the long war round and was on the way to Ross on Wye at the time.

It did sound fruity !!!

You rode past me yesterday,I'm sure ( I was in my car).

I was heading to Cardiff the long war round and was on the way to Ross on Wye at the time.

It did sound fruity !!!

I was defiantly in that versinity on that day ,was it a blurr of black leathers n sexy burbilling 9T that went past ;):D

Looked at one ...

... in Park Lane the other day and thought it looked small, but seeing it without the seat hump sort of resolves that; ditch the hump :thumb2

... in Park Lane the other day and thought it looked small, but seeing it without the seat hump sort of resolves that; ditch the hump :thumb2

Agreed the hump will give you the hump with the price of it plus the extra cost of the padded front pullout storage door ,what a waste of money and a function feckup :D
Looks way better with small pillion seat IMHO of course ;)

New 9T owners ??

So do we have any more new 9T owners yet on the forum ??
I know of myself and Paddy so far and not forgetting Pete T :thumb2
Paddy I know has run his in on tour across the water and must be back by now ,and the man in Whitby has been having too much fun on his for sure :bounce1
I had my 600 mile service carried out today without any issues ,so after having far to much fun on the running in period it'll be an riot from now on in :D:D
If people haven't tried this bike yet go get yourself a demo ride :thumb2 you could be very pleasantly surprised by just how much you'll be laughing under your lid :D
There maybe some cancelled orders still to come as the 9T is being drip fed into the dealers this year ,so if you like what it has to offer you still may be lucky 2014 :thumb2

Well I test rode one a couple of weeks ago and put a deposit down there and then. Originally told it would be March 2015 but then UK dealers got more allocation and it may arrive September. Problem is it may well arrive at the end of Sept or even October and is there really any point in having it then? It would only sit in the garage hooked up to a conditioner gathering dust over winter. Is it better to wait until 2015 and the new reg? Will it have some model changes that I will like less than current?

Decisions decisions!

Back
Top Bottom