SPOT - the difference?

Andy B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It's GPS so I guess this is the right place for it!:D

I'm contemplating buying a SPOT but I'd welcome any useful comments from users on here. Not sure which one I would plump for yet - but I guess that is just down to me making up my mind! I remember someone making not-so-good comments about the Connect a couple of years ago.

http://www.findmespot.eu/en/

The Gen 3 seems to be the one being pushed at the moment. However, the main thing I want to know is to what extent do they need to be out in the open to get a satellite signal? If I put it under the seat of my GS will it still work okay? How about in the glove box of my car?:nenau

Anyone able to help?:comfort

I'd guess that it won't work under the seat / in the glove box, but you could try putting a "normal" GPS in those positions and driving around and see if it see's the satellites.

Don't have one but have been looking into them..
It needs to be able to "see" the sky..
Face up too..
Hence some new jackets and trousers have "tracker gps pockets" made in them.....

In a car - make sure your windscreen will allow a clear view of the sky (elements in screen etc)

On a bike - tank bag map pocket seems to be a winner...

The Spot Gen 3 sends receives satellite info and sents off tracking details when inside a Hepco and Becker TC50 top box :)

Maybe MH370 should have had one.

Back
Top Bottom