How too Paint Panniers

JENKS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am not sure if this should be here or "Fonts of Wisdom", so please move if you think it necessary.

I need to paint my Touratech Zega panniers, as no matter how much ACF50 i have put on them, they are corroding. So my thoughts are to paint them satin black, and then Venture Shield them to keep them scratch and stone chip free. So my question is, what primers or Etch should I use on raw Aluminum??? and then what satin black paint should I use

I had thought of just vinyl wrapping them but I think I can get a better finish with paint especially around the locks.

Thanks AJ

They are all away preparing the noose for you for asking about pannier beautification :)

Whilst not a pannier, I did my Firestorm fork leg's using Hammerite special metal primer, which I believe is just an etch, I then used Smoothrite satin black in a rattle can to paint them. They handled a couple of winters then without any problems.

Option 1 - If you want to do it yourself properly then you'll need to scotch the life out of them and use a son of a bitch etch primer. After that you'll want no less than two coats of 2k satin black of your choosing.
Option 2 - Give them to a profession to paint for you
Option 3 - Get them powder coated!

Back
Top Bottom