21 century comms

zoot

Reaction score
Having sifted through the bike comms threads here abouts and elsewhere on tinterweb I am still undecided which units are the best, ie most reliable.
I have two sets of autocoms with icoms bike powered radios (pre 2009), but no bluetooth. My requirements are to hear the sat nav and bike to bike, the few mates I have, they use a mix of scala and sena, my units are us. in this case. I have narrowed it down to either the sena smh10 with buds and none boom mike (neotec lid) or the scala G9, any thoughts on either or the autocom air would be appreaciated.

I believe that the sena can now be paired with the scala using the latest soft ware?:nenau

I have the Sena with ear buds and a boom mike. If you go for the non boom type, be careful when installing the mic. The flip lid makes it hard to install the wiring without snagging on the flip up part.

I use the boom type, and it work superbly.

Also, there is a new model due out imminently........ SMH20S, which has radio,. longer range for the bluetooth, and talks to other brands of comms.

Good luck.

SMH20S, which has radio,. longer range for the bluetooth, and talks to other brands of comms.

That last bit will be a 'game changer' IMHO. If it does literally work with all other brands, rather than the latest models with a new agreed standard of medium range comms, then even better... The Rosetta Stone of Bluetooth communications. Will await further news and reviews.

Back
Top Bottom