Brake light always on and warning triangle light always on

flyfishersimon

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Have a 2007 ABS GS model, just got her this last couple of months and has been sitting in the garage - went to take it out the other day and discovered that battery was flat - may own fault should have kept it on a trickle charge. Anyhow it is recharged and starting up, unfortunately the brake light appears to be on all the time and the red warning triangle and 'brake failure' light is also on all the time. Afraid to ride it at present; have been searching for info and nearest I could get was that the brake micro-switch light might be faulty - however I can see no micro switch (or lead) at the front brake lever, I assume that if there is a micro switch it must somehow operate via hydraulics. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

The best course of action would be to find someone with a GS911 to check the fault codes and that should give you a clearer indication of where the fault lies. Having said that it might be the rear brake light switch that's at fault or low voltage in the battery or...... :nenau

BTW - welcome aboard and you've posted this in the wrong forum. This is the one for the new water cooled GS.

HTH

Have you checked hand guard not moved and stopping front brake releasing fully if it does not ABS will not set and triangle will stay on.Also it's around middle of 07 when frame changed and they junked cheap micro switch for better one it's below rear brake lever and covered with black plastic cover if I remember correctly.

Hi Folks,

Have a 2007 ABS GS model, just got her this last couple of months and has been sitting in the garage - went to take it out the other day and discovered that battery was flat - may own fault should have kept it on a trickle charge. Anyhow it is recharged and starting up, unfortunately the brake light appears to be on all the time and the red warning triangle and 'brake failure' light is also on all the time. Afraid to ride it at present; have been searching for info and nearest I could get was that the brake micro-switch light might be faulty - however I can see no micro switch (or lead) at the front brake lever, I assume that if there is a micro switch it must somehow operate via hydraulics. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the replies Schtum & gsman1, Sorry about wrong forum (its my first post and must re-post question in correct location).

Interesting to note that the micro switch is not likely to be by front brake lever; and have tried moving handguard to see if that helps and have used battery optimizer to ensure battery is sound- sadly no luck. Will try to locate someone with the GS911 to check fault codes. Thanks guys for your responses.

Simon

had same issue

Hi Folks,

i had same issue ,found it was crap on bolt on rear brake lever, keeping lever acting as in use so diagnostic check on starting bike could not carry out properly leaving yellow triangle warning light on , once cleaned and lubed , and slight adjustment ,light went out and rear light not permanently on .hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom