Hertfordshire trails - Sunday 30th March 2014

Greg Masters

'Don't mess with me' Member
Mod Squad
Reaction score
WARNING: I gather this is Mothering Sunday!

Meet at SBW, Hertford at 10.00hrs ready for some light trailing.

As the lanes are likely to be quite dry, should suit all bikes including any well-ridden toilets

Who's in?

Would have been out with you again Greg if it wasn't for a broken hip. :blast

Maybe next time?

Have fun.......

Would have been out with you again Greg if it wasn't for a broken hip. :blast

Maybe next time?

Have fun.......

Broken hip!

How did that happen, Im expecting to hear it was the result of failing to clear some technical section on the new low geared GS or the high speed testing through Bramfield Woods went a bit tits up.

Broken hip!

How did that happen, Im expecting to hear it was the result of failing to clear some technical section on the new low geared GS or the high speed testing through Bramfield Woods went a bit tits up.
Nothing like that at all.

Was at the start of a 103mile cycle ride and the front wheel stepped out on a right hand corner and dumped me on my right hip and shoulder. Then SWMBO rode over me as well.

At the Lister, x-rays didn't show any fractures of the hip or shoulder. Because the pain was so bad they decided to do a CT scan on the hip and found that I had a acetabulum fracture (hip socket). The treatment is non weight bearing on the right leg for 8 weeks. An ultra sound scan on the shoulder showed that there was nothing broken but very bruised and bashed. Trouble was that the shoulder injury stopped me using a frame or crutches.

Anyway they kept me in for 12 days. I'm now back home with the use of a gutter frame. I have to bias all the weight through my left shoulder which gets me around downstairs. At least I can get from the bed to the toilet/shower to the kitchen. All on the same floor. The pain killers and Ibuprufen are working wonders.

I've had to cancel BMW ORS level 2 for the time being. Also cancelled a trip to Scotland with the gang and a trip to the Picos with the club. Never mind, no good crying over spilled milk. When you are in hospital for a while it brings it home that there is always someone out there who is much worse off.

Back
Top Bottom