Rev'it Poseidon.

Gargy

Reaction score
I've been looking at this latest offering from Rev'it, as I've got the Cheyanne suit in the cupboard.

The Cheyanne was a spot on fit for me, and very comfortable, but I moved on and bought a Rukka Armax jacket for the Laminated gortex material........... It's not as comfy as the Rev'it, or as warm, but whilst touring last year, I found the Rukka to bloody hot, due to a lack of vents.
The new Rev'it is laminated Gortex, and the new vents do look the dogs danglies, so I'm tempted reading the reviews........... Has anyone got one ?
And if so, what do you think of it ?

Not got one but there's a decent review on YouTube from Revzilla. It looks a lot like the master 5, which I do have and rate very highly.

Yes I bought a jacket & trousers early this year. Very well made kit, initially felt like a suit of armour but loosening up nicely.

The jacket zips to the trousers from the side round to the other side, very comfortable feel and keeps the trousers up.

Good adjustment on the collar / sleeves / waist but I find the cuff a little tight if you want to put gloves under the cuff, then of course easy to get the glove over the cuff.

Two BIG waterproof pockets on the front but none on the chest, although two inside at chest level.

I like the vents on the chest of the jacket and trouser thighs - easy to use one handed, we'll see how effective they are in the summer( i hope).

I have not been out in any serious rain yet but I have no doubt that the kit will perform well as per other Rev-it suits.

Sizing wise, I had to go higher than the chart would lead you to believe, I had tried a jacket on at the NEC so knew what to get, but had to send the trousers back for a bigger size than I would have thought. ( based on the sizing of my old Hein Gericke kit)

I bought mine from http://www.motoin.de/?language=en

Bought the trousers a few weeks ago. Apparently only the dark colour is available now for some reason?!
Best trousers I have had, seem very well made. Tried them out during the long summer we had (which was the afternoon of Sunday 9th of March I think) and the vents work really well.
Looking forward to trying them out in real summer!

Waterproof, warm, cool, comfy but expensive! Still I suppose you get what you pay for sometimes!

Hello!
I have one (jacket and trousers).
I used it last year for 7-10 days in the Pyrenees.
And it was 35C on several days whilst we were there.
Overall ventilation is good - the "fold back" chest flaps (and same on legs) are secured by magnets.
Which means you can operate them whilst riding along.
However, it also means you lose chest pockets and thigh pockets.
And your chest is relatively protected behind the fairing / screen when riding along, so not sure how much airflow goes through these flaps.
The best ventilation comes from the zips in the arms (wide open for me!) and the big zip across the back of the shoulders.
The build quality is very good. And they are definitely waterproof. Nice reflective scotch tape in places too.
I would recommend the jacket to anyone looking for a jacket with a lot of temperature range eg. spain in the summer through to UK autumn.
I got two sizes and then sent back the size which didn't fit.
Cheers, Jules.

Had mine jacket and trousers for a couple of years now, used for commuting, touring etc. Really great kit.
I looked at 'upgrading' to the Dominator for this year and nearly cried at the dissapointment of finding out the Dominator trousers have no vents at all, complete deal breaker for me!

Have a look at the BMW Tourshell suit...massive venting entries around the rib area and large exit vents along either side of the back protector.

Worked brilliantly in Monaco last June in some extremely hot weather. I bought it to supplement a Streetguard 3 set I have which didn't vent enough in hot weather for my liking. The coolblack finish seems to work effectively as well surprisingly.

Sorry, I wasn't too clear... the Dominator jacket looks great with even more venting than the Poseidon. The trousers are without venting though and apparently no zip on the lower leg cuff too!
Also a shame they have stopped doing the removable zip in thermal liner for jacket and trousers as that worked really well. I wear a shirt to work and having to put a fleece on too in the winter is going to bunch up and be uncomfortable.
It seems they have gone a long way to making a great suit only to fall at some pretty easily fixed but major things.
Please Rev'it have another go - 'Dominator II'

quick update

Hello!
I have one (jacket and trousers).
I used it last year for 7-10 days in the Pyrenees.
And it was 35C on several days whilst we were there.
Overall ventilation is good - the "fold back" chest flaps (and same on legs) are secured by magnets.
Which means you can operate them whilst riding along.
However, it also means you lose chest pockets and thigh pockets.
And your chest is relatively protected behind the fairing / screen when riding along, so not sure how much airflow goes through these flaps.
The best ventilation comes from the zips in the arms (wide open for me!) and the big zip across the back of the shoulders.
The build quality is very good. And they are definitely waterproof. Nice reflective scotch tape in places too.
I would recommend the jacket to anyone looking for a jacket with a lot of temperature range eg. spain in the summer through to UK autumn.
I got two sizes and then sent back the size which didn't fit.
Cheers, Jules.

Having ridden with the Rev'it Poseidon jacket and trousers a bit more now.
Definitely they are waterproof - which you would expect at that price and with goretex
However, depending on what size screen you have, the chest flaps (for ventilation) will either work or not.
I have a reasonably large screen on my GS LC, so the chest flaps basically do nothing when I am sitting.
Standing on the pegs, they are excellent !
Same thing happens with the top vent on my helmet, I need to set the screen about 5-10cm below its highest setting to get ventilation through my helmet top vent.
And about 15cm below its top setting to get ventilation through the front of the helmet (in a sitting position).

So its quite a big compromise to lose 2x very useful outside pockets and 1x inside pocket for ventilation flaps that may or may not work.

Something to be aware of .

As mentioned previously, zips on outside of arms are excellent, as the outside of your arms is more "in the draft" as you are riding along.

I am not totally convinced about the utility of the leg ventilation flaps either... again its a big compromise for me, losing those two thigh pockets, as the normal "trouser" pockets are not large.

Hope that's helpful.

Jules.

Interesting, I found the leg vents worked really well when I stood up but that the arm vents were not as noticeable. I am assuming it depends on what screen and other wind reducing kit one has and what ones own body shape is.
I can report that 37ºC is OK if a little sweaty but not intolerable however it is worth avoiding wasps flying up your sleeve - I can't recommend that!

Back
Top Bottom