Ship Your Bike to Geneva or Barcelona 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of today, here is our list. Remember Only 18 bikes per truck.

GENEVA
1. Jockser
2. Aidan1150
3. Loudpedal
4. Dez
5. Redpadraig
6. Dakar

BARCELONA
1. Betty Swollocks
2. Hutchy
3. Yosarian
4. DancerDave
5. Boycie
6. Mal
7. iBiker
8. Clare
9. Oberon
10. Brent
11. Mike Humphries
12. AberdeenAngus
13. Wayne Bebbington
14. Paul Murray
15. Scott Murray
16. John Murray
17. John Porter

BS

Add me to the list for Geneva 2015!:bounce1 I will email you my details

You sir are now number 7......
GENEVA
1. Jockser
2. Aidan1150
3. Loudpedal
4. Dez
5. Redpadraig
6. Dakar
7. David McClean

BARCELONA
1. Betty Swollocks
2. Hutchy
3. Yosarian
4. DancerDave
5. Boycie
6. Mal
7. iBiker
8. Clare
9. Oberon
10. Brent
11. Mike Humphries
12. AberdeenAngus
13. Wayne Bebbington
14. Paul Murray
15. Scott Murray
16. John Murray
17. John Porter

Barcelona now has a full quota..... Although I will be keeping a reserve list for anyone still interested as some of the names are provisional.

GENEVA
1. Jockser
2. Aidan1150
3. Loudpedal
4. Dez
5. Redpadraig
6. Dakar
7. David McClean

BARCELONA
1. Betty Swollocks
2. Hutchy
3. Yosarian
4. DancerDave
5. Boycie
6. Mal
7. iBiker
8. Clare
9. Oberon
10. Brent
11. Mike Humphries
12. AberdeenAngus
13. Wayne Bebbington
14. Paul Murray
15. Scott Murray
16. John Murray
17. John Porter
18. Tony McDonald

Hi Everyone
Here is a wee update on things regarding next years bike transport.

Firstly thanks to Steve for the sterling work he has already done taking on all the administration for this, I know how frustrating it can be at times as everyone has there own agenda and some times the crystal ball can get a bit FOGGY to say the least. But Steve take to positive out of it ,,, its good character building for you,,,, Honest :clap

Once I return from this years 3 truck extravaganza to Geneva on the 10th Aug I will have to wait about 3-4 weeks until all the bills are in for , fuel, road tolls, ferry's, tunnel etc then sit down and work a price out certainly for the Barcelona run.

So hopefully by early September I will be able to set firm dates for you all to work to along with a price that will include the deposit to be paid to Steve that will secure you place

Cheers Andy.....

And still getting plenty of interest on 2015........ For those sitting on the fence, most of the 56 riders on this year's trip don't know about 2015.

And we have a new addition to the Geneva 2015 list

GENEVA
1. Jockser
2. Aidan1150
3. Loudpedal
4. Dez
5. Redpadraig
6. Dakar
7. David McClean
8. Spikerjack 46

BARCELONA
1. Betty Swollocks
2. Hutchy
3. Yosarian
4. DancerDave
5. Boycie
6. Mal
7. iBiker
8. Clare
9. Oberon
10. Brent
11. Mike Humphries
12. AberdeenAngus
13. Wayne Bebbington
14. Paul Murray
15. Scott Murray
16. John Murray
17. John Porter
18. Tony McDonald

Stage one of this year's Geneva trip is complete.

Bikes were loaded onto the 3 trucks in Belfast and are just about to leave. I fly out Friday morning and meet my bike and others will be out Saturday.

The loading operation was fantastic and a few riders have shared the same feeling with me. Well done Andy and the crew...... Roll on 2015!

IMG_7661_zps14ce7f37.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_9228_zpsfa193944.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1680_zps46acf516.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looking forward to seeing pictures of this years trip and what routes you take. Keep posting pictures

Can't wait til next year - hope to meet some of you at Leenan in September

Looking forward to seeing pictures of this years trip and what routes you take. Keep posting pictures

Can't wait til next year - hope to meet some of you at Leenan in September

Back safe and well in one piece!

The 2014 trip, in my opinion was a great success. I dropped my bike off the night before the rest of the riders as I was working on the Saturday and couldn't change the shift. Re-assured it would be loaded and packed safely, in my absence.

Got a few calls from chums who were there for their first experience of Andy's Carlsberg bike trips. All positive.

So I flew out to Geneva on the Friday (probably a day before most riders) and was treated with this sight at 10.30am........

IMG_2534_zps36994533.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

30 minutes later I was beeping my horn.... waving at the guys and heading off on my solo trip round Europe.

For the record, I had previously been on one of Andy's guided Alpine tours in 2011, so this time opted to tick a few things off my bucket list.

This time I was supposed to be going with one, like-minded chum, to realise our European fantasies........... Yeah, right.

Colin had a mega project behind schedule in his work and had to pull out at the last minute. Long story , short... My riding buddy couldn't make it...

My No.2 couldn't get the time off work, so I thought Feck it.... bring loads of tools and do it myself.

Loads of Cols first day.... (got carried away in map-source) but ended up in Courmayeur, at the Italian foot of Mont Blanc (Monte Blanco as they call it)

IMG_2562_zps7fac4bbd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Day 2, I knocked out Italy and in 35 Degree heat, I made my my way to the Adriatic coast...... Some nice "National Parc" and loads of hairpins........

Ended up (after a pizza) at the very weird ferry port of Ancona.

Took an overnight ferry to Stari Grad (on the Croatian Island of Havar) PM me if you ever intend to do this...; just to get a heads up on my version of the cheapest options for doing this......

IMG_2589_zps862961b3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Riding to Croatia had been on my bucket list.....

IMG_2594_zps72e792c5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Anyways. 2 days latter I was in Ljubljana... without doubt the most beautiful City I'd ever visited.

[URL=http://s632.photobucket.com/user/steviemcg/media/IMG_2642_zps2cc6aceb.jpg.html][/URL]
Met a local biker who planned tomorrow's route....... one word..... Thanks!

Highlight of my trip..... Bought some 100+ octane fuel in Slovenia near the Italian border ..... GSA now sounding like well tuned sewing machine....

Posh fuuel transformed my bike into a guided rocket.

So, left the Dolomites and headed to Livigno via the Stelvio Pass to hook up with the rest of the guys and Andy for a night of good food n beer.

IMG_2687_zpsa3700d90.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Rode most of the way back with them, but peeled off to see Annecy by myself (another item on my bucket list.)

IMG_2700_zps14fe43df.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Lovely place, but thanks to iBiker, who later pointed out that he had (unbeknown to myself , saved me from the grasp of my new BFF in the local pub.... the biggest Homo I'd never even noticed)

My Gaydar had obviously been switched off!

Bike loaded back onto the same truck in Geneva on day 8..... exploring, beer and grub with some old friends and I flew home early next morning.

My trip, 1850 miles of premium Alps and Europe. Roll on 2015.

Spoke to Andy today. Looks like it will be another 4 weeks before all bills and costs are in for this year's trip, then he sits round a table with the haulier to work out costs for 2015 and strikes a route and a rate.

This wasn't meant to be aride report....... just my wee taster of what I've been up to this past week or so.

And a window or taster for the un-decided!

Me and 2 mates were on this trip which was organised with military precision by Andy, and we did a different route. From Geneva to Bourg St Maurice and followed the Route des Grand Alps via Barcelonette and Menton. Stayed in Nice and then did a wee run round Monaco before catching the ferry to Bastia (Corsica). Fantastic roads and stayed for 2 nights in Porto before heading back to Bastia again for the ferry. Returned to Geneva via the Route Napoleon which was the worst road of the whole trip. Not that twisty and full of speed cameras and Gendarmes. Stayed in some great bike friendy hotels and if anyone wants details just PM me.
Looking forward to Barcelona next year.

An hour before heading to Leenane I had a meet with Andy to get the final plans for the 2015 trip and things have moved on quite a bit from the original plan...

Barcelona is a no-goer. Too many man hours driving there and back and the fuel and road tolls make it too expensive. The drivers are bikers doing this on their holidays and not being paid for it .... and up to 9 days in the drivers seat is too much to ask.

But Geneva is tried and tested and therefore we will be running two trucks out there again. Geneva is also an excellent Hub to start a trip to anywhere in Europe.

Rather than go into all the detail here, I plan to open a new thread for Geneva 'only' and start it all again.

I will be emailing everyone who has already added their names to this list and see who wants to switch from Barcelona to Geneva and also see if the dates suit those already on the Geneva list.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?380849-Geneva-2015-Bike-Transport&p=3897349#post3897349

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom