Independent BMW Motorcycle Servicing near York

He has some good feedback from people who have been there.

Cheers Dave.

Thanks for the link I will probably give them a go for the next service, like you say about time:thumb2

He has some good feedback from people who have been there.

Cheers Dave.

It would appear so. Dave.........

Heard good things in other BMW circles - hence the post here, by myself

Started at Alan Mountains Honda, in York

The when to work for the Met Police, in London for 5 years on Beemers and holds his BMW Passport (which I think is same as BMW Motorrad technies have too)

Also has spent 10 years working as a chassis tech and engine builder, with Yamaha/Honda/Kawasaki in World and British Superbikes

Sounds useful, and in my village, albeit at the other end. I could even push a bike there.:D

His winter storage is reasonable too. Not that I need it, but some may.:thumb

thank you for sharing the info, not far from the office :)

Were you there today? I was in this afternoon, mentioned I'd seen a link on :ukgser and ws told that a lady on a bike like yours had been in earlier, who had also seen it mentioned here.

The place looks very clean and organised, and the airhead on the bike-lift demonstrated an intelligent and classy (if slightly wee-smelling) customer base :D

Were you there today?
Yep :)
Dropped in because my bike was making a squeaky noise. Paul gave the rear brake pads a clean but couldn't find anything wrong and typically, I didn't hear it again on my ride home.
Nice workshop :)

I called in the other day, just for a little nosey around. We plugged my GSWC into his computer and it looked like it could be used to make changes to the settings. I forgot to see if the date could be changed to the English format :blast

Took mine to Paul today for 12k service plus brake fluid and alternator belt. The bike feels better , sounds better, feels crisper on the throttle, computer says it's using less fuel, oh and a useful bit cheaper than a main dealer service. A 'win win' situation and Paul obviously knows his stuff, and the kettle was on. Well worth the trip from North Lincs, in my case.
You get the picture..Recommended.

Since my last post, Paul did a 12k service & changed the head bearings on my F650 & all well.
A really decent chap :)

Mines booked in next friday for 24k service and drive bearings, Paul sounds like a decent chap and also offered me 10% discount on labour.

Just had my R1200GSA serviced (41K) by Paul. http://www.theworkshopyork.com

Easy to get to, just off the ring road on the north side of York, on a small quiet business park.

Paul's workshop set-up encourages you to sit in a comfy chair (cuppa too!) and watch the service as it takes place. You can see immediately the care and attention to detail lavished on your steed. Care is taken at every stage, quality oil used (let's not go into the detail of what it is - suffice to say it is a 'recommended' oil :)). Paul takes his time and there's no sense of rush, 3.5 hours later and I'm on my way again.

Overall this was a good experience with entirely reasonable charges, local (for me) and means that I don't have to go to my next chosen service venue (Rainbow or Adventure Bike Warehouse) so real savings in time and travel costs there then. This part of Yorkshire really needs this venue!

Al

I feel the need to resurrect this thread after a visit .

I wanted my brake fluid flushing ( a job I loath doing myself ). Paul did this and had the pads out to clean everything up,as well as running a diagnostic check, clearing 2 errors and re setting the service light. I also bought an air and oil filter from him , all for a very reasonable price.
It's an ideal place for me as I'm a 20 min ride away but Paul says his customer base is expanding with people travelling a fair distance for his very professional and friendly service , which to me speaks volumes. :bow

If anyone has to leave their bike there for a couple of hours, I can highly recommend "Luigi's" italian restaurant next to the Garden centre. The diavola Pizza or Lasagne are both lovely!

Back
Top Bottom