Overtaking Speed

It wasn't quiet this end I can assure you :blast

:D

........and TBH I thought John got off lightly compared to what the response could have been on here, in fact on his many threads he actually got loads of patient, good advice. So, I really can't imagine what any gripes may have been :confused:

Ah well, I wonder if he still wants a day out on the trails as opposed to playing on manhole covers? ;)

Andres

........and TBH I thought John got off lightly compared to what the response could have been on here, in fact on his many threads he actually got loads of patient, good advice. So, I really can't imagine what any gripes may have been :confused:

Ah well, I wonder if he still wants a day out on the trails as opposed to playing on manhole covers? ;)

Andres

I thought that too. I feel used and abused :D

Whilst we are looking at the video ( and not seeking to be a smart - arse after the event ) BUT ;

(i) Yes bloody close to the walker heh . that could have been an injured walker and a spill for the biker.
(ii) The instructor is very close to the car at 5;42 . I'd aim to be further back. Some elderly drivers would simply brake if a bike came that close to their rear number
(iii) I was anxious for him at 5:51 too. His speed is greatly faster than the queue he is overtaking. If a driver came out of the queue he wouldn't be able to avoid it. I think there was space to overtake , but I wouldn't "blast by " as he did.

Am I the only one to think that this "progressive " riding is one of the reasons that the public get "miffed" with bikers?
I'd never queue , but I would "trundle " by or "filter" slowly.

Whilst we are looking at the video ( and not seeking to be a smart - arse after the event ) BUT ;

(i) Yes bloody close to the walker heh . that could have been an injured walker and a spill for the biker.
(ii) The instructor is very close to the car at 5;42 . I'd aim to be further back. Some elderly drivers would simply brake if a bike came that close to their rear number
(iii) I was anxious for him at 5:51 too. His speed is greatly faster than the queue he is overtaking. If a driver came out of the queue he wouldn't be able to avoid it. I think there was space to overtake , but I wouldn't "blast by " as he did.

Am I the only one to think that this "progressive " riding is one of the reasons that the public get "miffed" with bikers?
I'd never queue , but I would "trundle " by or "filter" slowly.

Want his sat nav pinging? Meaning he was speeding?

Andres

Sir, Sir. Please Sir, I do Sir.

Actually I'm disappointed he's gone. As Andres said I thought he got some good advice on here & as a poor rider myself I was always interested both in what he was asking & the majority of helpful replies he got.

Back
Top Bottom