Heed crash bars

CookieGS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hey all
Has anyone had any experience good or bad with heed crash bars, going on my 1150gs
E5D37A51-0CB9-4DCD-A614-7DE431A4B444_zpsqq6lw7xc.png

Any other recommendations more than welcome :thumb2

I'm looking at these or Hepco & Becker to replace mine after my off. H&B in the running at the moment, as I couldn't get any other information/reviews on these.

I did email the company asking if they had any other shots of them from other angles, ie rear quarter, to see how they are in front off the pegs, but they haven't.

Be VERY interested to see what yours are like when they arrive. Pics when fitted please :thumb2

look nice but will they cause damage to the tank,beak and indicators if you have an off ??

ive a set of hepco and becker crash bars fitted, they are good, the only problem is you have to slacken all the bolts to take the rocker covers off, can be a pain, have you thought of buying steptoes stanton head guards? I have to admit im tempted for when i fix my gearbox.

I'm looking at just the lower set of bars WITH Steptoes Headguards :D They've already proved their worth to me

I think I might just go for steptoes head guards, I don't think my crash bars will be going back on

From a fuckin iphone....

Steptoe's guards are well worth the money. I was knocked off my 1150 and the bike slid on its nearside-smashed the beak and scratched the guard fairly deeply. Half an hour with a polisher brought the guard back to new and a beak off eBay saved me pounds.

HEED crash bars - 1150gs are EXCEPTIONAL

Hey all
Has anyone had any experience good or bad with heed crash bars, going on my 1150gs
E5D37A51-0CB9-4DCD-A614-7DE431A4B444_zpsqq6lw7xc.png

Any other recommendations more than welcome :thumb2

Oh, boy.... These are the greatest bars since Hepco Becker built the prior winner.

The upper loop has a brace which mounts to the tab on the neck under the speedo unit. ALL joints and tube in tube or clamp overs - MUCH stronger the crushed tube to crushed tube and bolt systems. Lower bar section mounts to forward lower engine case - is not a free floater cross link.

Ok we mounted them - they are under 20 US pounds for both upper and lowers combined. Similar to HP upper + lower package weight. But Stronger. :thumb2

OK, Since I will not crash on purpose I used a come-a-long winch system and attempted to pull the tube in front of the cylinder head back to the rear of the bike ( anchored to a support beam in my garage), and set up a depth gauge on the tube to detect deflection.. Stock BMW only lasted one click of tension before deflecting 5mm. My HP lowers went 3 clicks.. These bad boys went 6 clicks - all the tension was causing the rear tire at 40psi to crease against my anchor bar.:eek:

I am, per company rep, the first to get them in the USA due to postage costs and multi month delays in arrival... Well worth - As long as the 1150gs lives in my garage these bars will be the ony ones I will use.:bow

Back
Top Bottom