Is there any interest in a Bristol area pub night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic, moans about the lack of spontaneous rides whilst not offering to run one himself.

And therein lies the current day problem on here. Have an opinion and it is immediately perceived as a moan . Have run endless days and trips historically on here but like many others- lost interest over the years and just ride the bikes now, popping up to see what is happening from time to time. :blast
Going over to the Steelhorse Cafe Sunday for a Brecky and a spin through forrest and beyond. Popping into Aust at 10 ish for a cuppa first.
Enjoy yourself fellas, nothing much changed here ( and that's not a moan) :thumb2:thumb2:nenau

"Have an opinion and it is immediately perceived as a moan"

Well you certainly know how to make your "opinions" sounds like moans :D

Anyway, I think you may have a point, maybe too much organizing going on, more spontaneous rides does sound like a good idea.

Sunday ride

Doing one tomorrow !

Departure 5 am prompt from Bristol Temple Meads lower car park to wherever, in the Welsh valleys, not expected back before 10/11 pm

Anyone ???

Doing one tomorrow !

Departure 5 am prompt from Bristol Temple Meads lower car park to wherever, in the Welsh valleys, not expected back before 10/11 pm

Anyone ???
Going out to Wales myself but maybe Elans area if weather warm enough. Aust at 10, Brecky in Steel Horse and see how it goes from there.
Born and bred over there so no need of a map😃 just ride the toads I was brought up on.😄
Be back at 5 though. Nothing to see in the dark.
Andy

Regular Ride Outs - or not!

Glad to see our recent posts got the chatter going! Everyone will have a different way of getting out on the road and with the clocks having just sprung forward there should be greater opportunity to meet, chat and carve out some plans, however rough. For me, knowing there is a regular meet arranged gives the opportunity to touch down during the week and set the seed of a ride at the weekend. Having met 2 others at the Cottage 2 weeks back, I think a weekly meet might be too frequent and the Cottage (nice though it is) isn't ideal for bikes - town centre and limited out of sight parking. Perhaps a monthly meet at an out-of-town pub Chipping Sodbury or Keynsham (ie; bit of a ride to get to) might be better - noting that pubs sell coffee too! Perhaps, as the evenings get lighter we can join TaffyScouser at Aust and head out to for an early evening ride to Tintern Abbey?!:beerjug:
Bazzer

Cross Hands a huge pub that is biker friendly on the A46 just north of junct18 M4.
Hope to get out again poss Easter weekend on the Monday and again in the week after Easter. Prescott Hill Climb also coming up😄😃😀

Cross Hands a huge pub that is biker friendly on the A46 just north of junct18 M4.
Hope to get out again poss Easter weekend on the Monday and again in the week after Easter. Prescott Hill Climb also coming up������

Might be a huge biler friendly pub, but it's a shit hole

Plenty of lurrvvverly pubs to visit in Somerset, Dorset and Devon. Most recent visit for me was The Farmers Arms at West Hatch… bloomin fantastic food, beer, ambience etc. Also, if there are any curry fans in the SW that fancy an evening get together, now the evening's will start staying lighter for longer, The Bengal Spice in Williton's very, very good.
If anyone fancies a pub lunch ride out, brunch ride outs or a curry evening ride, show your interest and i'll look at getting something up and running once Spring's properly in the air. :friday

Might be a huge biler friendly pub, but it's a shit hole

The voice of reason. It's good enough for a major monthly bike meet by another club. Ne er had a problem there and near motorway for ease of access. Cannot please all the people all the time and that is why pub meets often disappear after. Short while. The bikes are for riding.

By the look of it this thread will go nowhere. People happy to sit indoors typing bollocks rather than getting off arse and doing something. No doubt a load of aggro will now ensue. Ride safe, stay upright and enjoy��������

By the look of it this thread will go nowhere. People happy to sit indoors typing bollocks rather than getting off arse and doing something. No doubt a load of aggro will now ensue. Ride safe, stay upright and enjoy��������

You're right there Andy. I've offered, a fair few times, to arrange runs and/or meets and have been met mostly by complete apathy. Still, got a great weekend at Bill's to look forward to!:D

Thought it would be best to close this thread and allow others to start a new one if they wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom