Is there any interest in a Bristol area pub night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeS

Bloke
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have been on here a couple of years now and never seen any Bristol area events mentioned, so just wondering if there is any interest.

I used to run some Chew Valley/Mendip based pub meets several years back but gave up due to lack of interest/support. I guess it's the busy lives people lead and the costs in the current financial market. I've since tried down here in Devon but no-one seems to want a local weekly/monhtly meet, which is why i've organised another Exmoor Event.:)

I used to run some Chew Valley/Mendip based pub meets several years back but gave up due to lack of interest/support. I guess it's the busy lives people lead and the costs in the current financial market. I've since tried down here in Devon but no-one seems to want a local weekly/monhtly meet, which is why i've organised another Exmoor Event.:)

I know what you mean, I am as guilty as anyone at not always being available which is why I haven't suggested it before now. But it can work out sometimes, we used to have monthly pub night with the Big Trail Bike Club 10+ years ago and the guys I met through that are now the ones I regularly ride with and go on foreign trips with.

There must be a few other people in this area who like nothing better than to have a beer and talk bikes and tell bike related war stories all night long :D

Its a good idea, and i might be up for it this year, as i'm not working away from home at the mo.
So a bit of ride out to a Pub this summer would be nice..

Hi, I'm in S Glos, and there's a few more people up Gloucester/Cotswolds way too I think.

Count me in.

Good roads round my way, going up to Tetbury, Cirencester and beyond.

sent via the modern interweb

Its a good idea but like many others I work shifts so not always able to attend, Just an thought but if it was held near to Weston Super Mud on a Thursday night at least if only a few turned up you could defer to Weston Bike Nite in the summer.

Its a good idea but like many others I work shifts so not always able to attend, Just an thought but if it was held near to Weston Super Mud on a Thursday night at least if only a few turned up you could defer to Weston Bike Nite in the summer.

Good idea TSi Fly, I work in Brizzle but live near Taunton so dropping in WSM Bike Night would work for me, maybe last or first Thurs of the month? Having said that, there's a great pub with a function room, The Rusty Axe, near me that would host us occasionally - we could have a film night and watch Mondo Sahara (if anyone's got it!?) over a beer!

Good to see there is some interest.

So now the fun part, where and when.

How about for the first one we make it a bit of ride/drive to get there, I am thinking of the Tunnel House Inn near Cirencester, it's a nice old place at the end of the Sapperton Canal Tunnel, the pub was built to house the Tunnel builders.

http://www.tunnelhouse.com/

I realize it is a bit of trek for those of you south of Bristol but we could change the venue next time to somewhere in the Mendips.

Feel free to suggest other pubs though.

And how about 3 weeks today on Thursday 24th April meeting any time after 8pm.

Obviously this is open to all and not just Bristol area people.

No need to commit to coming, just saying you plan to come if available is fine.

Good location, but Thursday's generally terrible for me. Ah well, will see you all if circumstances allow.

May pop in on the way back to Tewkesbury if time allows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be up for this, though i'll know nearer the time if i can make it...

Good location, but Thursday's generally terrible for me. Ah well, will see you all if circumstances allow.

It doesn't have to be a Thursday, happy to change to another day of the week if there is the demand.

If anyone is interested the 4cb's meet at The Cross Hands in Alvestone on a Friday night. They also hold regular ride outs on Sundays and are generally a good friendly bunch. You are all welcome to turn up on a Friday night.

Tom

I'd certainly be interested in a Bristol/Bath meet up with the view to organising some decent trips.

Good to see there is some interest.

So now the fun part, where and when.

How about for the first one we make it a bit of ride/drive to get there, I am thinking of the Tunnel House Inn near Cirencester, it's a nice old place at the end of the Sapperton Canal Tunnel, the pub was built to house the Tunnel builders.

http://www.tunnelhouse.com/

I realize it is a bit of trek for those of you south of Bristol but we could change the venue next time to somewhere in the Mendips.

Feel free to suggest other pubs though.

Obviously this is open to all and not just Bristol area people.

No need to commit to coming, just saying you plan to come if available is fine.

So, did anyone go to The Tunnel House? It's on my list of pubs to visit at some point, but a bit far from me for an evening ride.

No. I didn't think it was going ahead from the comments made.
I was away anyway.
Still up for a meet though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be up for a meet somewhere having drifted away from the Chew Valley meets some years ago.

Cirencester a tad too far for an evening ride after work so would prefer somewhere closer to Bath/Bristol. Not too bothered about which evening.

Be good to see who we've got here in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom