Nice day Sunday...

Wapping

Reaction score
.... Or so they are forecasting.

If anyone fancies going for say 200 miles, leaving Tesco (Miami Roundabout) Chelmsford at 09:30 sharp, sing up.

Up to Walkers, lunch somewhere in Cambs, Beds sort of way, finishing in Great Dunmow late afternoon. It's the route I use to run bikes in.... I hope I can remember the way.

Meet 09:00

Depart 09:30

Full tank of fuel

http://www.tesco.com/store-locator/uk/?bID=2330

If you happen to decide on a lunch venue would it be possible to post it up here please ?

From Norfolk for the start of a run in Chelmsford at 09:00 is not really an option for me, but lunch around Cambridge would be quite good if you happen to know where you're stopping of course.
Plus I've only got my little 250cc machine taxed at the moment.

I realise it may spoil the flow a little and if you don't want to commit to an actual lunch stop I will totally understand.
Thank you.

Kimbolton is where I will probably stop, at the Sun Inn, about halfway down the (only) main street in the village. I can never remember what county Kimbolton is in, I think Cambs.

I guess arriving there somewhere around 13:00?

Richard

Rugby in Cambridge on Sunday followed by lunch. Otherwise....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kimbolton is where I will probably stop, at the Sun Inn, about halfway down the (only) main street in the village. I can never remember what county Kimbolton is in, I think Cambs.

I guess arriving there somewhere around 13:00?

Richard

I shall therefore aim to be at said Sun Inn around 1pm.

Please don't worry if you have a change of plan and don't bother with Kimbolton as I'm sure I'll manage on my own and they'll be no forum rant posting about it.

And yes Kimbolton is in Cambridgeshire.

As luck would have it, I jump started the HP2 Sport from a lowly Kawasaki ER6F, Paula having kindly ridden off to a motorfactor's to buy some jump leads at 09:15 on a Sunday morning. We had tried and failed to bump start the thing, there being too little umph in the battery to fire up the ECU properly. Having got it fired up and running off the alternator (albeit no charging of the battery) it was back to home in E1.

One new battery on order. I see that to install it requires dropping out the rear shock and as a consequence removing the back wheel, too. Then finding a method to support the bike whilst this happy process goes on. Scissor jack and a block of wood under the sump seems favourite.... I wonder if to get that in place I will have to take the belly pan and extended rear fairing off too?

Life? It's never easy.

I see that the original battery is an August 2009 issue. Maybe not surprising it has bitten the dust. They put a lightweight battery into the awesome steed, helping to reduce the mean combined Tossser plus bike weight. No chimp sized jockey me.

It made up for when she and I went off to Kent and the south coast for the day. We got as far as across the Thames at the QE II bridge when her ER6 died. I bumpstarted that and then rode all the way back to Colchester ( a decent schlep from central London) to make sure she made it home OK. It has turned into a joke between us: Will we ever go more than 40 miles without some calamity overtaking us.

Biker mate bonding of the highest order.

She's a good sport, is our Paula. Tonking along on her ER5. She joins us on several Wanders, always up with the pace; no matter what. A good rider, who's worked hard at getting better.

If I recall last time it was the Alarm with Paula?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a different occasion.

Alarms, battery, cracked exhaust, tears of unbounded joy, confusion over the hour of day.... We have had the lot with our Paula. Love her, just the same.

Back
Top Bottom