Forza 300 - 1000 mile update

V2 TRV

Reaction score
Well it's been a very happy time so far with the Forza. I've just passed 1100 miles and overall things have been very positive. A wee summary:

Engine - surprisingly quick for a 300 and easily leaves cars away from the lights and happy to sit all day on the motorway at 70.
Handling - nimble and easy to trundle to the front of the traffic queue each time. Parking is a cinch on any footpath nearest my destination.
Mpg - avg is 73 so far which I'm happy with. Not as good as 112 on my previous PCX but the extra oomph is worth it.
Storage - with the addition of the Honda 45l top box and the undersea capacity I can do the tesco run with ease :aidan
Wind protection - the Honda touring screen was a necessary update as the std one is a joke and I'm v happy with the level of protection it gives.
Reliability - it's a honda - next!
Braking - cbs and abs gives strong and sure footed feel and more than enough power.
Instrumentation - all you need inc clock and trip meters and a super accurate running mpg read out with corresponds exactly to what I work out at ea fill up. Just as well as the fuel guage is the only negative as it reads empty with a gallon still remaining (as per a car) so I'm getting 160 miles out of each tank.

Mods - I've added the screen,top box, mirror extenders,oxford grips,Toucano muffs and blanket and Durite LEDs. All worthy and effective additions which makes riding a real comfort. I also had the seat hump re profiled by a local upholsterer for £30 to give some more legroom so now I'm uber comfy and have plenty of space.

Overall - I'm thrilled with my choice. The 300 is for me a perfect blend of agility and economy and performance combined with a serious dose of comfort . As a middleweight it's not in the performance league of a silver wing or TMax but likewise it's not in their cost league either. For £4.5 k with a 2 year warranty and 8k service intervals I really can't find fault with it.

Trev

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,094
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 947
5K miles now and still going great - it's a Honda after all so no problems to report and still delivers a consistent 70+ mpg :thumb2

10K Miles Update

Just another update as I've now passed the threshold of 10k miles.

Not a lot to report really as you would expect from a Honda.

The Forza has consistently returned 74 mpg and has been a pleasure to use for it's intended purpose of commuting. Weather protection is superb and is showing no real signs of wear despite sitting outside in all weathers.

Only negative has been it's alarming appetite for brake pads and discs which my Honda dealer replaces under warranty - even when warranty expired.

All in all for £4.5K it is a superb value for money means to get to work and I won't be changing it anytime soon. :thumb2

I spoke too soon :blast

Oil pressure light comes on at tickover. New sensor doesn't fix it and oil pressure is at 1.4bar compared to 5bar of a new bike so it looks like being a new oil pump release valve or oil pump. Either way it's an expensive fix as the dealer has to split the cases etc - bummer!!!!

Only at 11k miles - Honda won't entertain a gesture etc as it's now out of warranty.

I spoke too soon :blast

Oil pressure light comes on at tickover. New sensor doesn't fix it and oil pressure is at 1.4bar compared to 5bar of a new bike so it looks like being a new oil pump release valve or oil pump. Either way it's an expensive fix as the dealer has to split the cases etc - bummer!!!!

Only at 11k miles - Honda won't entertain a gesture etc as it's now out of warranty.

That's shit that is ............. has it been serviced by the dealer from new?

Then you need to seek clarification from both the dealer and Honda UK as to exactly what their goodwill parameters are ?

Assuming that you bought the bike new in March 2014 (the date of the original post) then your bike is presumably 9 months outside of the manufacturers warranty? That's a pretty poor show that Honda and your supplying/servicing dealer would wash their hands of the problem on what is a non serviceable item :blast

I'd be speaking directly to Honda UK Customer Services Department and expressing my displeasure in an assertive yet polite manner :augie

This isn't good, I have a 2012 Honda SH125i that has been faultless and was looking at swapping it for a new SH300i for a bit more grunt (likely to be the same engine in the forza). I wonder if this is an unusual failure or if there is a design problem ?

RBW.

Then you need to seek clarification from both the dealer and Honda UK as to exactly what their goodwill parameters are ?

Assuming that you bought the bike new in March 2014 (the date of the original post) then your bike is presumably 9 months outside of the manufacturers warranty? That's a pretty poor show that Honda and your supplying/servicing dealer would wash their hands of the problem on what is a non serviceable item :blast

I'd be speaking directly to Honda UK Customer Services Department and expressing my displeasure in an assertive yet polite manner :augie

Wee update and thanks for prompting me to pick up the phone and be pissed off lol

Honda have agreed to cover 4hrs labour and the cost of the replacement part. I will pay any additional labour at a reduced rate - that's a result for me!

You obviously expressed your displeasure in an assertive yet polite manner :thumb2

PS and don't forget that as you smartly agreed to make a contribution towards a goodwill repair then the replacement part will come with a 2 year parts/labour warranty, so if the same thing were to happen again then you would be fully covered :D

Wee update and thanks for prompting me to pick up the phone and be pissed off lol

Honda have agreed to cover 4hrs labour and the cost of the replacement part. I will pay any additional labour at a reduced rate - that's a result for me!

Result!

Now back on the road again - thanks also to the Big H customer services :beerjug:

The issue was the oil release valve which needed replaced and necessitated a full engine stripdown to do so.

Back
Top Bottom