On Ilkla Moor Baht 'at - 2014 Ilkley Grand National

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Last weekend's event:D

Wheear 'ast tha bin sin' ah saw thee?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/v-RsWoRT3SI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Enjoyed that, how many times have we said 'thanks for observing' before entering the section on the last lap in the hope the observer might be a little more lenient,despite the fact I genuinely meant it.

Enjoyed that, how many times have we said 'thanks for observing' before entering the section on the last lap in the hope the observer might be a little more lenient,despite the fact I genuinely meant it.

We do, must be a common theme:augie

Great vid.
Some brutal sections :)

Brutal no doubt, Matt

Some looked knackered for sure

Good fun though

Can't wait to go up to the SSDT in 4 weeks to watch it

great video, some sections seem designed so no one gets away with putting a foot down :)

I'm going to have to have a go at this trials stuff ya know........I'm old enough and fat enough, so I have to have ago while my balls are big enough to just go for it :D
:thumb2

I really enjoyed watching that!

Never realised you could have so much fun standing up :). I've previously only seen the stuff they do indoors over impossibly difficult man made obstacles, which looked far too hard for me to even contemplate attempting. That looked like a total hoot and has made me want to find somewhere to go and have a try out.

I really enjoyed watching that!

Never realised you could have so much fun standing up :). I've previously only seen the stuff they do indoors over impossibly difficult man made obstacles, which looked far too hard for me to even contemplate attempting. That looked like a total hoot and has made me want to find somewhere to go and have a try out.

Good man, there are a few places you can hire a bike for the day, with instruction

Club trials are pretty doable and most have an easy/medium/hard route on each section over natural obstacles

The indoor stuff is no comparison

You can pick up a competitive older bike for less than £1000

In trials, you can beat someone riding a brand new bike, on a 20 year old reliable bike

Good man, there are a few places you can hire a bike for the day, with instruction

Club trials are pretty doable and most have an easy/medium/hard route on each section over natural obstacles

The indoor stuff is no comparison

You can pick up a competitive older bike for less than £1000

In trials, you can beat someone riding a brand new bike, on a 20 year old reliable bike

Thanks JB and all sorted! Google is your friend and has revealed three places within easy reach of me who will do a full day introduction with training, bike hire and clothing.

Better still, my wonderful wife thought it would make a great birthday present so she's going to pay for it - result:thumb

Result

Have a look at the best Trials forum - Trialscentral.com

Uk centric as well, with all the events & bikes for sale too

Plenty of noob info

One guy has charted his progress, over the last year from never done it before to winning his first trial

This isn't the LDT version though, Ian :)

It's the pukka Time & Observation one

No I rode the LDT version several times a few years back. I also ride 'modern' trials and the Ilkley Grand National has been on the list for a long time.

Got a trip to Yorkshire in the week after next for the Reeth Three Day :thumb Batter get training :D

Thanks JB and all sorted! Google is your friend and has revealed three places within easy reach of me who will do a full day introduction with training, bike hire and clothing.

Better still, my wonderful wife thought it would make a great birthday present so she's going to pay for it - result:thumb

It doesn't get better. In case Google don't throw it up I'd recommend SXS.

As my 'team manager' says Trials is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

No I rode the LDT version several times a few years back. I also ride 'modern' trials and the Ilkley Grand National has been on the list for a long time.

Got a trip to Yorkshire in the week after next for the Reeth Three Day :thumb Batter get training :D

Oh I see, I may see you up there

Back
Top Bottom