Tossers in limousin

bandit

Reaction score
Nothing much to report.

I'm sitting in the exec lounge at stanstead with a beer.

Suffolk and tickle in a van somewhere in france.

Nice place to ride a bike I reckon. Looking forward to the report.

Ride report

Pete & Geoff set off early Friday morning with my bike and Kit already pre loaded in Petes Van. I took the easier route flying from Stanstead into Limoge Airport. Torsten picked me up from the airport followed by a 40 minute drive to their house/mansion.

The northern Monkeys arrived late on saturday morning after a detour to the wrong place !!

Torsten and Ro made me very welcome. These guys gave up their City jobs a couple of years ago for the rural life in france.

Pete and Geof arrived early evening. We took the dinner option of going into the 'local' town 5 km away. It was a Friday night, everything was closed except a hotel/restaurant. In hindsight a mistake and should have eaten back at the house.

The food prepared by Ro was excellent. Four course evening meal and a full english breakfast.

Accomodation very comfortable, I had my own room away from Geoff's snoring.

The riding was mostly forest and single track, covering about 200km per day good pace, definitely the best riding I have ever done.

I would totally recomend staying and riding with http://www.ridelimousin.com/

we will be going back later in the year. any one else want to join us ?

Ro, Pete & Torsten
Limousin%20056-L.jpg

Torsten Blue Leader and his trusty TTR

Limousin%20051-L.jpg

Puncture

Limousin%20044-L.jpg

Beer

Limousin%20049-L.jpg

Bike Wash

Limousin%20054-L.jpg

Alternative Bike Wash....... There is a video of the incident coming.

Limousin%20026-L.jpg

Re-starting the KTM

Limousin%20031-L.jpg

On the trails Pete & Geoff

Limousin%20025-M.jpg

Lunch

Limousin%20015-L.jpg

Making Friends with the locals

Limousin%20017-L.jpg

More pics here

http://dave-emsley.smugmug.com/Limousin/i-Mp2kr4h#!/Limousin/

great riding

Nice to see you and you farter in the village! Great riding woods streams and river wash, 200 k a day then back for a feast and all you can drink. Then repeat next day after a big breakfast coffee , superb.........

Fantastic place, riding was superb and the two hosts were the best owners I've ever had the privilege of staying with.

Top marks all round for this one, highly recommended :clap

The riding was great and the food, host's and room all spot on. Only problem was the sound of Geoff in the night!! Will look to go back in September again. Easy days drive there simple five days in total great holiday.

The Creuse is one of my favourite places and full of decent trails. Looks like you got around a bit. Can you post some details of the routes you took?

Route's contact ridelimousin and pay as we did for a guide, save all the fekkng about . the only route not on their map was the river dunking !!

I would totally recomend staying and riding with http://www.ridelimousin.com/

we will be going back later in the year. any one else want to join us ?

Tempted by that as was astonished to see it's located close to La Sout where my sis in law and family moved to 8 years ago. Been out there a few times and often thought about taking the GS over there whilst wife flies :aidan

Don't miss the monthly food market in La Sout, with it's wonderful array of artisan breads, cold meats, delicious cheeses and the Brit stall selling to the ex-pats, Bacardi Breezers, Walkers crisps and Smash Instant Mash :blast

Thanks for all the positive comments about the food, accommodation and lanes, makes it all worthwhile!

KTM takes a swim

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="640" height="360" src="http://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/3189444869_brVMMS2?width=640&height=360&albumId=38343656&albumKey=qTRxgX"></iframe>

now on ebay , one owner never raced green lane use only. well looked after washed after all rides[ oil changed] and serviced as per ktm handbook. thanks

Just found a couple of pics I took so thought I would chuck em on:

A Thumbs up from Geoff...

1498015_503833919746456_68102231390488669_o.jpg

"Tyred" of waiting around for roadside repairs:

10256201_503834089746439_9043769481696490064_o.jpg

10372990_503834266413088_2850696015775635230_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom