Bosnia Insurance

Yorkiebarr

Reaction score
My insurer does not do Green Card cover for Bosnia which I will be passing through for 2 days on a tour down to Dubrovnik. I understand it is possible to buy cover at the border , does anyone know what this costs and the level of cover it provides?

Not sure of the cost - but I don't think it is much . Cover will be third party only ... but that is all u really need.
BiH - wonderful country - sarajevo - magical city - suggest you give yourself two nights there to have time to explore, enjoy and eat Cevapi , Mostar - well worth a visit. Sutjeska - amazing national park, if you are into birds n wetlands - Hutovo Blato worth a visit - nice hotel at park and the frogs are really tasty!
Are you heading down through Serbia? If you go through over a weekend - check out the list for bike parties across the country!! http://www.moto-berza.com/str/moto-skupovi/ you will be made welcome, made to drink lots and have a good time!!

We traveled back from Greece last September buying insurance at the borders of countries where we were not covered eg. Albania and Montenegro, the cost was minimal even for a motorhome and trailer perhaps around 30/40 euro from memory. The cover is supposedly third party but you can't help wondering how much shit you would be in if something happened:eek I would advise a very defensive style of driving/riding in this part of the world whatever your insurance cover.

During the trip we were told if you buy your insurance outside the UK you have full Europe cover but here it is restricted to EU members:rolleyes:

Regarding Bosnia we somehow missed the insurance office or it was closed so we motored on and we were back in Croatia a few miles later on the coast road.

The old walled city of Dubrovnic is fabulous and well worth the journey, have fun.

We traveled back from Greece last September buying insurance at the borders of countries where we were not covered eg. Albania and Montenegro, the cost was minimal even for a motorhome and trailer perhaps around 30/40 euro from memory. The cover is supposedly third party but you can't help wondering how much shit you would be in if something happened:eek I would advise a very defensive style of driving/riding in this part of the world whatever your insurance cover.

During the trip we were told if you buy your insurance outside the UK you have full Europe cover but here it is restricted to EU members:rolleyes:

Regarding Bosnia we somehow missed the insurance office or it was closed so we motored on and we were back in Croatia a few miles later on the coast road.

The old walled city of Dubrovnic is fabulous and well worth the journey, have fun.

As for the defensive riding; it would of cause also help if you didn't tow a multi ton trailer after your camper :-D

Casper

Regarding Bosnia we somehow missed it!

By just doing the short link on the coast road , u missed a beautiful country with really friendly people!! Remember it is 'Bosnia and Herzegovina' to be politically correct. Well worth the visit even if the west did fuck it up for all time with the Dayton Agreement. Love the place, the people and love the food. Talk to the local bikers - especially the patch wearers - they will look after you well!

Gavin

As for the defensive riding; it would of cause also help if you didn't tow a multi ton trailer after your camper :-D

Casper

Greetings Casper:beerjug:

We enjoyed our little break at Camping Albania (fabulous campsite) made even better by meeting you, we are just in the planning stages of this years trip as my little brother is again racing in Greece.

Have fun John.

By just doing the short link on the coast road , u missed a beautiful country with really friendly people!! Remember it is 'Bosnia and Herzegovina' to be politically correct. Well worth the visit even if the west did fuck it up for all time with the Dayton Agreement. Love the place, the people and love the food. Talk to the local bikers - especially the patch wearers - they will look after you well!

Gavin

I know I know, we did loads of research for that trip and would have loved to explore BiH but the cost of upgrading the insurance to cover non EU was prohibitive, but perhaps another time.

John.

Greetings Casper:beerjug:

We enjoyed our little break at Camping Albania (fabulous campsite) made even better by meeting you, we are just in the planning stages of this years trip as my little brother is again racing in Greece.

Have fun John.

He,he, small world. Always interesting to meet good people. Funny enough I only enjoyed the camp site until I had to check out - they wanted me to pay for charging my phone and computer ... needless to say I told them to stuff it.

I hope he'll do better than last year:D

Casper

As Gavin said.. Sarajevo and Mostar are gems and relatively close by to you in Dubrovnik.. so if you get a chance to go, do! :thumb

Thanks for all the replies.
We would like to have lunch in Mostar and visit the bridge on our way to Dubrovnik, what's the parking like in the town centre? (it looks like at this point the bike will not be insured for theft).

Thanks for all the replies.
We would like to have lunch in Mostar and visit the bridge on our way to Dubrovnik, what's the parking like in the town centre? (it looks like at this point the bike will not be insured for theft).

There are a few small private run parking places which are fairly cheap, next to the old town - I found one which was 3 minutes walk from the old town....

Casper

Ha, three minutes,!! we found a place right outside the entrance. :p

Let me see, park bike, pack stuff (ie. grap camera), walk to sidewalk, turn left, walk 2 minutes, turn left, walk 30 seconds, turn left, hey, I'm in old town.... I think there is one which is closer but this was pretty convenient. And you'd never get a mobile home with a trailer in through these streets anyway ;-)

Back
Top Bottom