Lowering a F800GSA

Tony57

Reaction score
Anyone got any concrete info on lowering my F800GSA ?

While I can get feet down it's proving to be just a bit much, especially on uneven ground, car parks and cambers. And mounting with the panniers on is a real stretch.
Doing a rapid stop and getting feet down is not as easy as I'd like.

I'd like to do other than a thinned out seat. I'd like to retain the ESA suspension modes etc.

I've seen kits to change length of front and rear springs. Any experience of these ? Any recommendations ?

Are there other methods to consider ?

Input welcome. Thanks.

I did a search before I posted. Nothing current and nothing concrete. Just a few side remarks. I was hoping somebody might have some useful current info relating to F800GSA.

Still hoping.

Don't lower, buy the Daytona boots which raise you 1 inch I think they are the GTX ones, check out their web site. The boots are not cheap but it's better than destroying the geometry of the bike or taking padding out of the seat

Sorry for my very unhelpful post, and don't take this the wrong way ... but why didn't you buy a standard F800GS ... one that you fitted?

106,000 miles now on my F800GS, been across Asia, been to North Africa ... can't really see any advantage of the F800GSA over the standard model, it's just heavier and more bulky :nenau

:beerjug:

Don't lower, buy the Daytona boots which raise you 1 inch I think they are the GTX ones, check out their web site. The boots are not cheap but it's better than destroying the geometry of the bike or taking padding out of the seat

Daytona M Star are a good place to begin, not cheap had mine 4 years now and are very comfortable :D 1" additional height & still OK to walk with.

Back
Top Bottom