Saddlemens Adventure Track seats

Bryn

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Got these delivered on Saturday....

I bought them to attempt to tackle the coccyx issue that is causing me pain after a few miles of riding.... the idea of these is that the groove in the seat keeps your coccyx off the seat, and the weight is taken up by the bum cheeks on the gel pads in the two raised bits .

I've done about 30 miles on it today ( not much I know ) but up to now the result is positively encouraging .... I think it's going to do the trick :thumb

Feel free to take the piss if the urge overcomes you :D

Purchased my first GSA only a few weeks ago and straight away Ive noticed back pain after riding. Id be very interested in knowing how you go on with this seat as it might be just what I need. Where did you get it from please?

I bought them to attempt to tackle the coccyx issue that is causing me pain after a few miles of riding....

Do you get any pain if you're using the main stand a lot??? Ridings fine for me with a TT Kahedo low seat, I think with the extra weight touring this may be cause of my problem.

Where do you have your Autocom Bryn?

Autocom lives in the tool box slot ( the removable tray above the accessory plug- hard wired into the accessory switched live )

Purchased my first GSA only a few weeks ago and straight away Ive noticed back pain after riding. Id be very interested in knowing how you go on with this seat as it might be just what I need. Where did you get it from please?

Will report when I've had a good ride on it.. saying that the reports I've read seem very favourable ... I bought the set from a fellow tosser on here... first time I'd seen any :thumb

They're made in California www.saddlemen.com The one I've got is called the Adventure Track

I bought them to attempt to tackle the coccyx issue that is causing me pain after a few miles of riding....

Do you get any pain if you're using the main stand a lot??? Ridings fine for me with a TT Kahedo low seat, I think with the extra weight touring this may be cause of my problem.

Not sure what you mean by using the main stand? I only get coccyx pain if I've been in the saddle for a while... this seems to remove the tail bone area from the equation completely... If you mean lifting it onto the centre stand it's not an issue for me :thumb

Hmm.
I want to see how you get on with this.
(fecked back / different reasons.)

Autocom lives in the tool box slot ( the removable tray above the accessory plug- hard wired into the accessory switched live )

Will report when I've had a good ride on it.. saying that the reports I've read seem very favourable ... I bought the set from a fellow tosser on here... first time I'd seen any :thumb

They're made in California www.saddlemen.com The one I've got is called the Adventure Track

Not sure what you mean by using the main stand? I only get coccyx pain if I've been in the saddle for a while... this seems to remove the tail bone area from the equation completely... If you mean lifting it onto the centre stand it's not an issue for me :thumb

My pain seems to stem from putting bike on centre stand - probably too much weight through luggage/kit/gear - I need to do the obvious and see the doc......

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co.uk/899789/d/2011-bmw-r1200gs-adventure-seats - UK front of the American site, so still to be imported!!

My pain seems to stem from putting bike on centre stand - probably too much weight through luggage/kit/gear - I need to do the obvious and see the doc......

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co.uk/899789/d/2011-bmw-r1200gs-adventure-seats - UK front of the American site, so still to be imported!!

After trying to lift a heavy tree root about 3 yrs ago, I was bent over double with pack pain for about 2 weeks, struggled to even get out of bed. Went to see a Chiropractor who meddled with my foot for 2 mins, told me to stand up and I was back to normal, I could stand as straight as an arrow and the pain was gone. Quite unbelievable really.

He told me I had a fallen arch in my foot which caused me to bring my knee in when I walk, causing a weakness in my back. So my back was already weak without me knowing it. My back has been almost 100% ever since, but since getting my GSA I do notice some pain after riding.

Another 30 miles or so today...and I forget about my arse when on the bike..... hopefully get some more miles in this weekend ..... It's nice being part time... I've now finished until next Tuesday... in for one day, then off again until the following Monday :D

Ive taken the Sergeant seat off and replaced with the original BMW seat which I haven't used before, went out for a decent ride today and not a hint of back pain. Unless its coincidental, the Sergeant seat wasn't helping my back at all.

Bryn, its now living on my GSA, will be trying it out tomorrow...

IMG_4613_zps19ea35cd.jpg

I've just bought one of these, only done a short ride on it thus far, but feels very comfy. :thumb2

Will be testing it over a longer distance on Friday, so fingers crossed.

Attachments

• 14124161_10153635442761277_310174540_o.jpg
    14124161_10153635442761277_310174540_o.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 293

Back
Top Bottom