A good deal?

adventuredon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys, looking at swapping my 2010 GS for an RT. Dealer prices for the twin cams are just out of my reach financially (I think). Anyhow, thinking of getting a younger 09 bike. Would a bike with 32k on the clock, great condition and FBMWDSH priced at £7295 be good value? Has side luggage, not top pannier, usual heated seats and grips, abs
It does not mention esa but must have it unless its a lowered bike?

appreciate your responses

Hi
I bought my 09 RT SE new and is perfect for any use I can put it to. Touring, long distance, commuting, scratching, it does everything with grace, style economy and speed if you want it.
You won't regret buying an 09 model, as long as it's been cherished.
John

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

TwinCams are out there at low 7Ks - e.g. Approved Used from Wollaston BMW here for 7.5K

Good luck with the search!

A

TwinCams are out there at low 7Ks - e.g. Approved Used from Wollaston BMW here for 7.5K

Good luck with the search!

A

Hmm ... tricky one to answer

Miles are not an issue - provided it has been looked after

I bought mine 2 years ago , also a 2009 bike , with 55,000 miles on it (then) for £6800 .. So that makes it the equivalent now of buying a 2011 bike today ! (makes yours sound a little on the dear side)

Coming from another angle - my bike , now with 69,000 was valued by the dealer at £4400 trading in (I reckon its worth about £5750 to £5500 ?)

Dealers don't seem to like high miles , and some think 32K is high !! - advantage of miles seems to be smoothness , fuel consumption (I average nearly 60 mpg - real fig not computer !) , and performance ... down side of worn shocks , etc

Plenty to pick from , will become more so over summer with new RT's being delivered - with obvious result on prices.

Saw it yesterday. Full service history stamped. No corrosion. Mature owner traded it in. But spotted 10 plate with 22k for same money but won't be able to look at it as up north and need to sell mine first. Having ridden both models, is it just me or did the 09 seem smoother? Less pull definitely but I almost thought the 09 was comfier, smoother

Back
Top Bottom