Smartphone Link - just love it

Smart link works for me although I have raised an issue with Garmin regarding the "I'm here" function. The Nav V says set up Twitter and Facebook accounts on the app but the app only lists Foursquare in the social networking settings

Hi

The link is working perfect in sunny south Bucks.

If you're having problems connecting, delete the device from the list in the Bluetooth list in settings. Then re-pair. Mine connects seamlessly to the Nav 5 and gar Garmin.

Bill

Thanks Bill, However I don't even get as far as pairing it with my Nav 5 now, and I didn't have a problem in the past..... If I click the app on the iPhone, the Garmin application page screen opens then closes down again within a few seconds.

I have an iPhone4 with the latest software and Smartlink App Ver 2.1... The strange thing is, if I try loading it on my wife's iPhone 4, I get exactly the same result, so can't see it being the phone, unless for some reason the app will now only work with iPhone 5 or above for sone reason ?? but that's not mentioned in the release notes on the app download page.

Roy

Another old thread resurrected....

In my Smart Phone Link options there is Smart Notifications.

Not that I want SMS or WhatsApp notifications on the move, but although this box is ticked... it doesnt seem to work. Any ideas why?

So if Smart Notification are not text or WhatsApp based, what other Smart Notifications could I expect?

Using BMW Navigator 6 with Samsung S7 Edge

I have a Nav V and a Smart phone and like another poster on here I have no idea what this thread is talking about.

I have a Nav V and a Smart phone and like another poster on here I have no idea what this thread is talking about.

A Garmin App you can download onto your Smart Phone which then allows...

1) Your Smart Phone to connect to your Garmin Sat Nav device.

2) To view destinations on your Smart Phone while away from your bike, and then send data back to bike Sat Nav automatically. Handy in a Cafe for instance.

3) Use your Smart Phone signal to display live information on your Sat Nav like Weather Radar (rain, snow) and live traffic updates.

4) various other cool stuff I havent figured out like Smart Notifications, whatever that is...

Another old thread resurrected....

In my Smart Phone Link options there is Smart Notifications.

Not that I want SMS or WhatsApp notifications on the move, but although this box is ticked... it doesnt seem to work. Any ideas why?

So if Smart Notification are not text or WhatsApp based, what other Smart Notifications could I expect?

Be smart.

Google: what are Garmin smart notifications? Or some such short combination of words. Then sit down with a brew or dram (both essentials of the UKGSer thinking process) how relevant they are to you, your GPS and your whole bikermate hooning experience.

Be smart.

Google: what are Garmin smart notifications? Or some such short combination of words. Then sit down with a brew or dram (both essentials of the UKGSer thinking process) how relevant they are to you, your GPS and your whole bikermate hooning experience.

Already done that and I cant find anything specific to the Navigator V or VI.

So being Smart I'd thought I'd better come back on here as people actually use the Navigator V and VI, and would probably know the answer.

Which might well suggest it's not relevant to the GPS device; neither use nor ornament.

It's Smart notifications, within the Garmin app, he wants to know about, I guess Lee.

Looking at the app on my iPhone, I guess they are nothing more than pop-up banners to alert of things. Some Garmin apps / devices use something similar for other functions. The fitness GPS devices etc can ping up steps taken, calories burned and all that malarkey.

I see you can use it with a Garmin Smartwatch to guide you back to where you parked. Is this a clue about the intended market? An aid to those with short term memory problems?

John

Just loaded Smartlink app onto my iPhone 5s. Garmin Nav 5 on GS. Now my Interphone F5MC won't pair to Nav, so I can't stream music to my skid lid.
What am I NOT doing? Ta.

Just loaded Smartlink app onto my iPhone 5s. Garmin Nav 5 on GS. Now my Interphone F5MC won't pair to Nav, so I can't stream music to my skid lid.
What am I NOT doing? Ta.

Have you linked the phone to the Nav 5 and then the Nav 5 to the F5MC.... should work that way. I have exactly the same set up as you (iPhone 6 to Nav 5, Nav 5 to F5MC) and the music is saved on the Nav. No issues.

Flaming T, ta I'll try that. Before Smartlink I turned bike/ nav on then The Interphone and the intercom tells me they're paired & off I go.

I have just upgraded my phone to a Huawei P smart,
On my old Samsung S4 mini I used the German smart link app, worked great, with good info abroad about road closures of which there were many,
I'm installing my apps again and I can't find the smartphone app available in the play store, looking on my ASUS pad and back on my old S4 it's not coming up in the playstores there either,
Does anyone know if its been discontinued?

I have just upgraded my phone to a Huawei P smart,
On my old Samsung S4 mini I used the German smart link app, worked great, with good info abroad about road closures of which there were many,
I'm installing my apps again and I can't find the smartphone app available in the play store, looking on my ASUS pad and back on my old S4 it's not coming up in the playstores there either,
Does anyone know if its been discontinued?

Hmm, I can't find it either which is somewhat worrying. I use it all the time.

I'm trying to find it too but no luck.
Comes up on google search for smartphone link but google play doesn't find the app???

Back
Top Bottom