What gear are you wearing?

Schuberth C3
IXS Calgary jacket and trousers
IXS Hamilton trousers
I really like these - part textile/ goretex, part leather. Very comfy and completely waterproof, but also well ventilated when its hot.
RST Adventure boots - recently bought these and they are more comfy than my hiking boots

Also have a BKS leather jacket and jeans which I use for bimbling around the dales if the weather looks good

When it was crazy hot last year I bought a HELD mesh jacket and trousers - that feels like riding in a T Shirt and shorts :)

Shoei Neotech
Very quiet and comfortable, great visibility.
BMW Tourshell Suit
Exceptionally comfortable, practical and waterproof, comes with removable inner quit liner.
BMW motorcycle socks
BMW Pro Sumer Glove
I use a silk liner glove with these in cooler weather
Daytona Road Star GTX boots
Best boots I've ever owned! Ultra comfortable, 100% waterproof and I use them all year round.
Decathlon for thermal tops

Altberg Boots all year round

Rukka Armas Jacket all year round

Dont waste your money on any thing else .. if you do in a couple of years time you know what you'll be up to .... buying ANOTHER jacket and boots because they wern't quite as waterproof as the chap in the shop, who was taking your money at the time said so !

Altberg Boots all year round

Rukka Armas Jacket all year round

Dont waste your money on any thing else .. if you do in a couple of years time you know what you'll be up to .... buying ANOTHER jacket and boots because they wern't quite as waterproof as the chap in the shop, who was taking your money at the time said so !

Which Altbergs?

I have a 17 year old pair of clubman classics (still going strong) and a 2 year old pair of Hoggs that are my main boot just now.

W2 Enduro booties
Toerag pantaloons
Alpinestars Jacket with a cast of many liners, one of them being gore-tex...one thermal...many zippy vents...
Spada armoured and vented summer glurves.
Arai Axcess bonce bucket

:beerjug:

On the feet Altberg Roadmaster had them 12+ years use them all year round brilliant

On the head Sucberth J1

In between, that depends:

2nd hand bmw rally suit for trails and feeling the need to wear good armour
2nd hand bmw coverall for shitty weather comuting
2nd hand BMW summer suit for summer comuting

Worn same stuff all year round for last 7/8 years:

HG Rallye boots (same as TCX Infinity)
Arai Tour X helmet
Wulfsport Neoprene gloves
Aerostich Roadcrafter suit

When it rains hard I pur a HG rain suit over the top.

When it gets cold I have a second Roadcrafter suit (next size up) and wear EDZ thermals and Keis heated jacket underneath.

Bought both Aerostich suits secondhand.

I use an RST Adventure Suit all year round, bought last year and it's absolute CRAP! Sent back the first set of so called rain proof inners after two weeks and got an equally awful replacement set. Now use a cheap nylon jacket and trousers when it rains, not really ideal but at least it works. Would not recommend the make to anyone, avoid like the plague.

I now ride more in the summer and less in the winter, than I used to. So I've sold off my Rukka suit and now wear,

Finisterre merino base layers
Rev'it Poseidon GTX jacket & trousers (waterproof & loads of ventilation)
Rukka Raptor gloves
Sidi Adventure boots
Shark Evoline helmet

When touring or with pillion, Schuberth C3 with SRC

Warm'n'safe heated gloves & jacket liner when the weather's cold.

A 10 year old BMW Streetguard suit, still 100% waterproof and made from three layer 'Armacor' Goretex laminate the same as Rukka. No silly twat suit liners nonsense, and no silly Rukka rubber zip that doesn't.

Merino Wool base layer by icebreaker. No smells, very comfy.

Underwear by Bonds for the authentic Aussie bogan look.

BMW System 6 flip-front lid (made by Schuberth).

Gloves by Dainese, my hands are my tools.

Hein Gericke Goretex touring Enduro boots that have just started to leak after 6 years, temporarily sorted with Sealskinz socks (boots soon to be replaced with Daytona Road Star GTX).

Well I have just done my first long dark cold motorway trip in my new kit - a Powerlet heated jacket over a T shirt under a Klim Badlands Pro. 150 miles 3 degrees C and I was toasty warm all the way. It has been a real revelation having never had heated kit before. Normally even with a T shirt, fleece jumper, down jacket and RST Paragon I would have been suffering reduced core temperature after an hour or so but today I was warm, relaxed and enjoying the journey and I didn't feel like a Michelin man! So if you ride in winter and have never tried heated clothing give it a go! :beerjug:

Mrs S bought me a Keis heated vest for Crimbo. Such an amazing difference riding to work the past couple of days. No tensing up due to cold, just relaxed and toasty I've found :)

I've got an Altura Night Vision cycling jacket (recommended by someone on here somewhere - thanks!) over the top of an old HG Devon jacket. Waterproof and windproof and the lariest orange I've ever seen to help out the myopic twats on London's roads.

60 quid RST lined trousers. Lovely and warm and cheap enough to use just for the really cold months. Back to HG leathers when the temperature goes up again.

I'm going to be the pauper of this parade... 2nd set of Savanna boots... 1st set free :)rolleyes:), 2nd set £50 fae eBay... Streetguard pants... £45 eBay... Teknic or Belstaff Disco jacket... £100 all in... IXS oversuit for the bad stuff as the rest isn't that waterproof now... BMW Winter gloves... £40 fae here... Caberg open face and BMW waterproof neck warmer (so good they stopped making them)...

An old BM heated waistcoat for the really bad shit...

I am thinking of an upgrade to an all in one suit but height is a problem and them Roadcrafter suits are a bit pricey like...:D

Everything I use is second hand and covering about 20k miles a year it gets a lot of use. All the stuff below has performed faultlessly for over 50K miles. All I do is clean and reproof it regularly.

For the summer I use a BMW Atlantis 4 suit and either Sidi Courier or Style Martin boots
For the winter I use HG Master V jacket and BMW Streetguard 3 troos (They zip together:thumb2). I use my Sidi Couriers in the winter. I have a Keis heated Gillet for when it gets really cold.
For gloves I tend to use my Halvarssons Newman with outlast for the summer and BMW all round 3 for Winter. When it gets cold enough for muffs I go back to my Halvarssons as they are slimmer and slip in to the muffs easily.
Helmet wise, I use either a Shoei Neotec or Arai X3, both have Bluetooth scalas fitted. All the above kit is the result of a lot research and reading forums such as this. I think all kit is personal preference and should suit both your use as well as your wallet. I try to buy the best I can afford, hence mostly second hand.

Went out yesterday wearing......

Revit Poseidon Jacket
Revit Everest Trousers
Schuberth C3 Helmet
EDZ Leggings (No trouser liners)
Cold Killers Vest (No liner in the jacket)
Daytona Gortex boots
Gerbings Hybrid heated gloves.
Buff neck tube.

Worked well at 6 C................ Toastie !

I'm starting to get a bit of a problem. All my kit is Alpinestars stuff, but its now about 7 to 8 years old and starting to wear badly. I have a 2pc goretex suit, 2pc leather suit and a perforated jacket so I'm completely covered all options and it's all interchangeable being a single make. Unfortunately I also have to pay for my own stuff now. So this year I will probably bite the bullet and fork out on some nice new goretex pro stuff from somewhere cheap in the spring as they put it through the sales. Going to excel show so will see if there are any bargains to be had. If not ebay and 2nd hand quality kit for the price of cheap and cheerful.

Rukka Armas jacket and Cosmic jeans
Schuberth C3 although just upgraded to a C3 pro
Daytona boots but have just went back to using my 18 year old Altberg Clubmans as they are more comfortable
Rukka Appollo winter / Held summer gloves
Playing on the katana ..... AM Leathers two piece leathers, Schuberth S1 pro helmet

IXS Saratov LED Gore-Tex jacket - Completely waterproof. Warm without being bulky and very well ventilated for the summer. Red LED's in the top of the back and White LED's in the side of the upper arm, very good feature for winter commuting and lasts for well over a month of work commuting on one charge.

IXS Hamilton Gore-Tex trousers - again totally waterproof, very warm and comfortable.

Richa Cold Protect GTX Winter Gloves, new for Chrimbo, nice and warm this morning!

Have a pair of kangaroo and Kevlar summer FT gloves but they are a tad big and will be replaced come this summer.

Currently wearing a pair of old puma gtx boots that I got second hand about 5 years ago, still waterproof just let down by the fact there is only half a sole left on one boot.

Shoei XR1100 Helmet had it for about 5 years. Excellent lid, vents are amazing in the summer and the large visor gives for brilliant peripheral vision. Feels strange to put a standard helmet with standard visor on now!

Awaiting delivery of new Daytona Road Star GTX boots, fingers crossed they are as good as everyone says they are.

Has anyone any experience of Daytona Strive boots ?. I want a boot with toe slider and having the backing of daytona I do like the look of these but £300 will be a real birthday treat.

Back
Top Bottom