BMW F800GT

rickyxsara

Reaction score
Looked at one of these recently. Anyone on here own or ridden one. Engine should be good as it is same to my knowledge of the 800GS Thanks in advance.:thumb

I went with a mate to Woolaston BMW Friday when he picked up his new one.... he's really pleased with it so far.... but other than that can't help :)

A friend of mine also picked a new GT last week.
He only been out twice with it but likes it a lot. He said if he can keep up with me then thats all that matters :augie
He's away for the next few weeks due to work but when he's back i will have a chat with him.

mike

Had a day out with my mate with his new 800GT.
we did about 500km in 11 hours (including breaks) and covered every type of road from motorway to alpine passes.

What Dave likes about his new bike.
light weight, easy to handle.
Brakes work well.
he could keep up with me on a R1200R.
belt drive
and how little fuel he used.
the seat was very comfy

dislikes
could not see much with the mirrors
Both mudguards are very poor, the back of the bike and seat was covered in crap.
by the end of the day a little pain in his wrists.

Dave has got panniers and top box but has yet to ride with these on.

Dave likes the bike a lot and when he has sorted out the few small niggles he will be very happy.

Hope this helps, if you have any queston please email me and i will ask dave.

mike

I did some miles on the previous incarnation, the F800ST. A cracking bike. I believe the engine is tuned differently but mechanically much the same as the 800GS.

Agile, good handling, comliant suspension good at small bumps but a bit harsh on bigger ones although I think that is one thing BM improved on the GT. Fuel consumption brilliant. Fairing was a bit spartan and the screen too small for distance at speed but these are also changed/improved on the GT

+1 on crap mirrors. The standard, half fabric, expanding panniers are also crap.

I had an st great bike belt drive is the business fuck all storage brill ecomonony I found it just too small for me. Got a rt then a f 800 GSA they should make a f800rt JJH

Back
Top Bottom