Shipping to Africa

Scorched_Earth

Reaction score
Ok, apologies (as usual with this kind of stuff!), I have tried to search for about an hour to no avail. Has anyone got experience with (and any recommendations for) a company to ship a motorcycle from the UK to, say, 'Kenya' (Nairobi to be more precise), and any hints/tips from anyone having done a similar move from the UK to that region with their bike?

Its late and I'm tired!

Thanks ;)

FWIW I sent a 20' container from Belfast to Nairobi via Mombasa last week... obviously it hasn't arrived yet...total cost around £1700, which does not include transport from Mombasa as I have a contact to do it at the right price.

Investigate firms who ship goods to K, you may be able to crate the bike and share a container.

Nairobi?

Scorched Earth

Are you moving over here or just passing through?

Either way PM me as I have lived here for 20 years so may be able to help in some way or another.

Cheers

Sean

Not Africa but James Cargo are in the process of packing up my bike for the USA. As others have said excellent service.

I was also getting quotes from MotoFreight who it turns out is run by a former director of James Cargo and his daughter. Presales from Motofreight was very good but no experience of the shipping process but can't see it wouldn't be about the same as JamesCargo given the history.

Sent from my iPhone with a smile :)

I've used A-1 Auto Trans before and they were good. An especially good option for shipping to another country since they deliver worldwide and offices all over. They're based out of the US for what it's worth, but I liked them and would use them again. Always a good idea to explore pricing and service options though.

I used Moto Freight in London and Econo Trans in Cape Town.
They are cheap, efficient, quick and friendly. Excellent service.

Ah excellent cheers guys! Anyone ever tried DHL? Or these guys?... http://www.motofreight.com They're very Adv bike orientated, anyone used them?

I’ve used MotoFreight to ship bikes to the US and Australia. Also to receive bikes back in to the UK. They have contacts in lots of other countries too.
Very nice people, Roddy and Kathy, airfreight and sea freight arranged.
Give them a call.
In my experience, everything that they say will happen, happens. They know their stuff.

I used Moto Freight in London and Econo Trans in Cape Town.
They are cheap, efficient, quick and friendly. Excellent service.

Motofreight did a good job for me shipping/returning my 1150GS to/from Sydney.

I used Motofreight to ship my bike to Miami, absolutely excellent service. I don't see how they could have possibly made it any easier. Full set of instructions to follow, made it all quite simple.

Back
Top Bottom