Your DON'T BUY products

Rukka

I think my views are well known. You pay high price wanting the best, when the product falls apart, the dealer/ distributor is not interested, does not honour the warranty.

Not a good product and the warranty is not worth a bean. Avoid an expensive mistake.

In fairness to rukka there seem to be a lot of happy rukka people out there. JJH

In fairness to rukka there seem to be a lot of happy rukka people out there. JJH

As you say. But a pair of £550 trousers with a broken zip within a month followed by the groin area stitching falling part and a response it’s my fault through abrasion is bollox. When I contacted. The importer with the photos and report from the textile expert he said he hadn’t actually seen the trousers, just that the dealer had described them.

Not worth a bean. If you got a quality set, well done. If you do t care about your £1500 take a chance.

Update: zip fell off the jacket pocket when in Iceland. Yes it was lubricates using Rukka pen. 2 years old.

Samsung smart tv, not so smart less than 2 years already black shadow across the top, going in the skip tomorrow, going back to Sony never had a problem with their TV,s.

CHIPEX Car restoration/touch up paint!

they say that the paint is colour matched specifically to your make and model (Enter Your Reg Here) Bollox.

I should have known better. I even watched various You Tuber demo's.

Colour match was crap and when you take off the excess in the prescribed manner it either doesn't take enough or takes too much. I don't think I did anything wrong but even if I did it's still ended up as a complete and utter....

TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!:mad:

I’ve been pretty impressed with Aldi stuff TBH.

Whereas some of their own stuff is ok... ish, I bought some garden weed flamer thrower (butane canister) stuff from them one time.

Have you ever tried to take out weeds with a blow torch!!? Doesn't work. Sure it'll take the top off and they grow back from the roots.

Worse still is that the butane canister is specific to them, and as they are a periodic item (for opportunist buyers like idiot me) you cannot get replacements or refills!

Aldi or Lidl special buys. Just be very very careful. Cheap is not always best.

Samsung smart tv, not so smart less than 2 years already black shadow across the top, going in the skip tomorrow, going back to Sony never had a problem with their TV,s.

I thought Samsung make the panel for Sony. Also, check your warranty as Samsung is usually 5 years and can be 6 depending on where you buy it.

Seems well-reasoned.........

Anything from Machine Mart

Everything I have ever bought from them has been absolute rubbish. Workbench fell to bits, compressor pipe flew off and nearly took my eye out. I've had stuff that I've taken back the day after I bought it, and they refuse to give a refund. I've got a claim against them at the moment through the small claims court. I know someone who supplies them with stuff, and even he says they don't care about quality, only the price. Avoid

LG Musicflow multi room speakers. Launched with a big fanfare as the alternative to Bose and Sonos. I went into hi-fi shop to buy Sonos but got talked in to the LG product . It was forever dropping off the network (despite having its own mesh network router) and took ages and multiple attempts to get it back working. Loads of complaints on the various Internet forums and LG quietly drop the product, leave owners with a system that doesn’t work and disappear with no support for the thousands of people who bought the junk. Utter pile of crap and I will never buy LG product again - and would encourage anyone who cares to listen to do likewise.

Anything made by Landrover.

Could not disagree more. Had a Disco 2, bought new in 2002, owned for 10 years and 187,000 (almost trouble-free) miles, loved it.
Now have a Defender (one of the last of the 2.4's), bought new in 2011, been all over Europe in it, love it to bits

Anything from Homebase.

When I re-did my flat years ago, I bought some basic items from them.
Even the bloody cupboard knobs broke. I have no idea how that is even possible.

Not what I want to read after ordering some RST pro adventure 3 trousers. Although to be fair my RST jeans which cost 50 quid are going strong after 4 years. Maybe they're hit and miss but RST seems like really good value for money compared to a lot of the other brands.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have a pair and they've prooved to be 100% waterproof and very well armoured. Best bike textile trousers, bar some from KTM I once owned, that I've used.

Boots (RST Adventure boots) are comfortable but far from waterproof! Should have bought Altbergs and been done with it.

RST Pro Adventure jacket not so waterproof. The WP lining comes down below the connecting zip with the trousers so if you use the zip, the water pours into your midriff and crotch. Good back protector and great summer ventilation so not all bad.

Shark Helmet (Speed R): Very comfy, reasonably quiet and great for glasses wearers like me BUT visor seal is poor and lets the water in. Won't buy another for that reason.

I have a pair and they've prooved to be 100% waterproof and very well armoured. Best bike textile trousers, bar some from KTM I once owned, that I've used.

Boots (RST Adventure boots) are comfortable but far from waterproof! Should have bought Altbergs and been done with it.

RST Pro Adventure jacket not so waterproof. The WP lining comes down below the connecting zip with the trousers so if you use the zip, the water pours into your midriff and crotch. Good back protector and great summer ventilation so not all bad.

Shark Helmet (Speed R): Very comfy, reasonably quiet and great for glasses wearers like me BUT visor seal is poor and lets the water in. Won't buy another for that reason.

:blast:blast:blast...................Just bought another Shark!

Last gen Speed R, Race and Evo line helmets all compromised in quality....newer Spartan Carbon is not...it seems to be the exception so cannot chuck the baby out with the bath water (well finished, visor seals, nothing to break off, grat linings). I'd eat my hat if I could find it...

Any Curry/PC world extended warranty. The like for like claim is rubbish. I took back a £200 steam generator iron after 18 months. Showed warranty and told just go and get one off the shelf. Same box, spec and colour but " sorry thats a different model you will have to pay extra £50 for that one, thats a AB12345 this is a BA12345". Only difference was one blue white and other white Blue, just changed colour way round. So in other words if you buy any product, laptop to a vac and then next day new stock comes in with a different number and price even if its technically the same you still have to pay up.. I asked to get it repaired and they said it would be done under warranty but take 3 or 4 weeks! Went home contacted manufacturer they said it had a 2 year warranty Currys said it was 1:mad:. They collected and swapped it in a week.

Never buy the extended warranty. They try harder to sell the warranty than the product. Same with the insurance that pays the difference if there’s a shortfall. I was pricing finance on a bike over 5 years and when I went into the figures with the salesman he had thrown in this into the deal without asking. €300 says he. Not to bad for 5 years says I. It’s for 1 says he. So I’d be paying g the or a 1 year Insurence product that’s questionable anyway for 5 years. Fuck off. JJH

After being fucked-off by Curry’s / PC World over warranty on a kindle 15 years ago, I have never spent another penny with them, and never will.

Amazon accepted that there was a screen issue, and replaced the kindle no questions asked, despite the purchase being from PCW.

CHIPEX Car restoration/touch up paint!

they say that the paint is colour matched specifically to your make and model (Enter Your Reg Here) Bollox.

I should have known better. I even watched various You Tuber demo's.

Colour match was crap and when you take off the excess in the prescribed manner it either doesn't take enough or takes too much. I don't think I did anything wrong but even if I did it's still ended up as a complete and utter....

TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!:mad:

The colour match to my car was actually pretty good but it is just VW white

AS for the removal of excess I had the same problem and despite them saying how easy it is - it isnt but I did eventually get the hang of it and it worked well

Back
Top Bottom