Off-roading...

Confirmed so far: Melch, ferrol, Blue, Mikeboy, Bounce, Uncle Fester, PDiddy, and Mr Hall assuming he can find a tie ;)

Plan of action:

20 mile road ride to the start (will see if I can find some mud on the way there...)
Off-road route is a 25 mile loop that we'll do both ways. Very doable on a big bike - I've done it 2 up on the GSA on Tourances.

Somewhere in the middle we'll have a go at how to smooth out bumpy trails, otherwise known as hover mode :cool:
Hover%20mode-L.jpg

And how to do wheel spin turns:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_Jo7DRRbgrA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Then head to the pub for lunch:

DSC02423-L.jpg

And then for the afternoon, and for those that are happy to give it a go, there is a quarry about 15 miles from the pub:

DSC_3077-cropped-XL.jpg

And then back home in time for tea and medals :thumb

Hay mav I'm up for coming along if there is still room for me and my little GSA lol, will def be up for trying hover mode!!!

Hay mav I'm up for coming along if there is still room for me and my little GSA lol, will def be up for trying hover mode!!!

Good to have you on board chap :thumb2

Mav...on a serious note, I'm hatching a plan to bring the KTM to play off road....tank range is circa 80 miles, so can you let me know if there is going to be a fuel station on the route so I can top up...:D

Mav...on a serious note, I'm hatching a plan to bring the KTM to play off road....tank range is circa 80 miles, so can you let me know if there is going to be a fuel station on the route so I can top up...:D

We'll find one chap :thumb

Count me in

Be nice to join in with such a mix of bikes and skills :thumb2 I remember first riding a big bike off road in that Quarry many years back with Burt :) and it got me hooked :bounce1

Just found this thread and would be up for this too so that I could try and hone a few more skills on 'how to fall off without breaking either an indicator lens, fairing panel or mirror'...

OK - updated list of those confirmed: Melch, ferrol, Blue, Mikeboy, Bounce, Uncle Fester, PDiddy, Speedfour4, IJGser, archad71, and Mr Hall

That's probably about all we can take without looking like a Harley rally!

Will take reserves now, in case anyone is not able to make it :thumb2

Mav

I'm in it was great fun last year

Cheers
Eddie

Mavette is going to be joining us... so will be doing the ride 2up :green gri

You're so easily impressed :D

Still on chap - and we'll be on the GSA... so you better keep up! :p

Yes I am!!!! :p

The 400 will do 60mph ish, but I'll need fuel :blast However, if we're using the DO system then I won't get left behind :rob

Alternatively, I'll strap a 5L filled fuel can to someone's rear rack and top up @ the road side..........:bomb

Yes I am!!!! :p

The 400 will do 60mph ish, but I'll need fuel :blast However, if we're using the DO system then I won't get left behind :rob

Alternatively, I'll strap a 5L filled fuel can to someone's rear rack and top up @ the road side..........:bomb

I was suggesting that you better keep up on the off-road and quarry sections :p

PS: don't worry about fuel, I'll check the route and/or bring a syphon from the GSA!

Hi there!

I haven´t got dirty (Of roading!!!) for the last 15 years Gilera 49 cc, montesa 250 and ktm 125)....I'd love a day out off the road. But I don't want to slow down the group, It´s been a long time and I have no previous experience on big fatty gses :)

Stupid question... where are you planning to go? Sorry, I'm new to the forum and relatively new to the country....

I'm up for it, as far as the Anake 3 can cope with the terrain... If you think I will struggle or slow you down of the tyres... I will pass this time

Thanks!
Juanma

I was suggesting that you better keep up on the off-road and quarry sections :p

PS: don't worry about fuel, I'll check the route and/or bring a syphon from the GSA!

I'll keep up mate, no fear......:p

Thx re: fuel.....:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom