Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Off-roading...

Gear whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Bouncer View Post
    You're my hero....
    You're so easily impressed
    I want a slice of that quarry action too......
    Still on chap - and we'll be on the GSA... so you better keep up!

He who dies with the most toys... wins!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mav View Post
    You're so easily impressed

Still on chap - and we'll be on the GSA... so you better keep up!
    Yes I am!!!!

The 400 will do 60mph ish, but I'll need fuel However, if we're using the DO system then I won't get left behind

Alternatively, I'll strap a 5L filled fuel can to someone's rear rack and top up @ the road side..........
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

Gear whore
    Yes I am!!!!

The 400 will do 60mph ish, but I'll need fuel However, if we're using the DO system then I won't get left behind

Alternatively, I'll strap a 5L filled fuel can to someone's rear rack and top up @ the road side..........
    I was suggesting that you better keep up on the off-road and quarry sections

PS: don't worry about fuel, I'll check the route and/or bring a syphon from the GSA!

Hi there!

I haven´t got dirty (Of roading!!!) for the last 15 years Gilera 49 cc, montesa 250 and ktm 125)....I'd love a day out off the road. But I don't want to slow down the group, It´s been a long time and I have no previous experience on big fatty gses

Stupid question... where are you planning to go? Sorry, I'm new to the forum and relatively new to the country....

I'm up for it, as far as the Anake 3 can cope with the terrain... If you think I will struggle or slow you down of the tyres... I will pass this time

Thanks!
    Juanma

Quote Originally Posted by Mav View Post
    I was suggesting that you better keep up on the off-road and quarry sections

PS: don't worry about fuel, I'll check the route and/or bring a syphon from the GSA!
    I'll keep up mate, no fear......

Thx re: fuel.....
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    I'm definitely up for it and some off roading too

Can i come along if i promise to bring the 1190 adventure r

Overland and classic,vale of belvoir,Melton Mowbray
    good to see some big bikes coming out to play.
    i will stay around the back of the group,i like a good laugh
    heavy metal thunder!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyboy View Post
    good to see some big bikes coming out to play.
    i will stay around the back of the group,i like a good laugh
    heavy metal thunder!!!!
    I too will be near the back until we can Hooly around the quarry.....
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

Be warned the quarry is not legal
    I was in around there a few weeks ago and was talking to a guy who knew somone who had a bike seized by the police from in the quarry
    Probably a motocross bike but i know they do visit it...
    The last couple of times i have been past the quarry it has been empty ( could be for a reason ! )
    It's also a place where burnt out cars get dumped.. There was one of those there a couple of weeks ago
    When i do a costwolds run i ride past the quarry but don't go in it

Some of the lanes in that area have had some heavy water damage lately and will be very tricky on a big bike

So long as your bike is legal, it will not be seized. At the worst it and you could be issued with a section 59 of The Police Reform Act and if you are caught again within 12 months, then your bike can be seized.
    Anyone riding slower than you is an idiot, and anyone riding faster than you is a maniac

Gear whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry H View Post
    Be warned the quarry is not legal
    I was in around there a few weeks ago and was talking to a guy who knew somone who had a bike seized by the police from in the quarry
    Probably a motocross bike but i know they do visit it...
    The last couple of times i have been past the quarry it has been empty ( could be for a reason ! )
    It's also a place where burnt out cars get dumped.. There was one of those there a couple of weeks ago
    When i do a costwolds run i ride past the quarry but don't go in it

Some of the lanes in that area have had some heavy water damage lately and will be very tricky on a big bike
    Thanks for the heads up... but my understanding is that it is private property owned by a local who is okay with people using it. That, of course, wouldn't stop the police looking there for illegal crossers, particularly those that weren't trailer'd there...

That being said, the quarry will only be for those that haven't had enough from the lanes in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by Smug View Post
    So long as your bike is legal, it will not be seized. At the worst it and you could be issued with a section 59 of The Police Reform Act and if you are caught again within 12 months, then your bike can be seized.
    Thanks for the clarification

Hi mav sorry to be a pain but my lad is ill so won't be able to make it tomorrow as I'm on looking after and clean up duties, hope the ride go's well

Gear whore
    Quote Originally Posted by speedfour4 View Post
    Hi mav sorry to be a pain but my lad is ill so won't be able to make it tomorrow as I'm on looking after and clean up duties, hope the ride go's well
    That a shame chap - hope junior gets well soon.

Will have to organise coming back down to The Plain again soon

A grand day out it was. Many thanks to Mav (off-road, two up on a 1200 Adv. – reeeeeeespect!) for a very enjoyable day and to all the other chaps and a chapess for the fine company. Commiserations to the two that binned it. One had road tyres on so had a good reason the other lummox had no such excuse

Super day on the trails!!!

I'm still nursing a semi after going nutz @ the quarry, soooooo much fun!!!

Thx Mav/Donna for leading the way, and to the group for making the day really enjoyable
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast