Off-roading...

Be warned the quarry is not legal
I was in around there a few weeks ago and was talking to a guy who knew somone who had a bike seized by the police from in the quarry
Probably a motocross bike but i know they do visit it...
The last couple of times i have been past the quarry it has been empty ( could be for a reason ! )
It's also a place where burnt out cars get dumped.. There was one of those there a couple of weeks ago
When i do a costwolds run i ride past the quarry but don't go in it

Some of the lanes in that area have had some heavy water damage lately and will be very tricky on a big bike

So long as your bike is legal, it will not be seized. At the worst it and you could be issued with a section 59 of The Police Reform Act and if you are caught again within 12 months, then your bike can be seized.

Be warned the quarry is not legal
I was in around there a few weeks ago and was talking to a guy who knew somone who had a bike seized by the police from in the quarry
Probably a motocross bike but i know they do visit it...
The last couple of times i have been past the quarry it has been empty ( could be for a reason ! )
It's also a place where burnt out cars get dumped.. There was one of those there a couple of weeks ago
When i do a costwolds run i ride past the quarry but don't go in it

Some of the lanes in that area have had some heavy water damage lately and will be very tricky on a big bike

Thanks for the heads up... but my understanding is that it is private property owned by a local who is okay with people using it. That, of course, wouldn't stop the police looking there for illegal crossers, particularly those that weren't trailer'd there...

That being said, the quarry will only be for those that haven't had enough from the lanes in the morning :thumb2

So long as your bike is legal, it will not be seized. At the worst it and you could be issued with a section 59 of The Police Reform Act and if you are caught again within 12 months, then your bike can be seized.

Thanks for the clarification :thumb2

Hi mav sorry to be a pain but my lad is ill so won't be able to make it tomorrow as I'm on looking after and clean up duties, hope the ride go's well

Hi mav sorry to be a pain but my lad is ill so won't be able to make it tomorrow as I'm on looking after and clean up duties, hope the ride go's well

That a shame chap - hope junior gets well soon.

Will have to organise coming back down to The Plain again soon :thumb2

A grand day out it was. Many thanks to Mav (off-road, two up on a 1200 Adv. – reeeeeeespect!) for a very enjoyable day and to all the other chaps and a chapess for the fine company. Commiserations to the two that binned it. One had road tyres on so had a good reason the other lummox had no such excuse :augie

Super day on the trails!!!

I'm still nursing a semi after going nutz @ the quarry, soooooo much fun!!!

Thx Mav/Donna for leading the way, and to the group for making the day really enjoyable :D

Many thanks to Mav and Donna, had a brilliant day, learnt how to turn the bike in an enclosed space which suspiciously we all had to do on the next section. Fallen tree we were told..... hmmmmm

Thanks to the others for making it a fun day, it was a good group, everyone was happy to share hints n tips.

2 crashes 1 on camera (just) and one not, both were relatively slow speed, one back end stepped out on not so good tires for mud which spun the bike and happily propelled it in to the nearest banking! Trapped rider so we piled in to get it off his foot. Luckily no injury, though a slightly more bent (was told later) shifter.

Other crash was rut related and rider decided to lay down for a rest. Again slowish speed. Clip to follow.

Ah yes 2 breakdowns also, (I'm counting the KTM :p sorry Keith) trail side repair on one and the other towards the back end of the day in the quarry. Recovery via the kinda Keith's van and Mav's directions, plus borrow ramp form someone called..... er.....(insert name and own up please I'm hopeless). Mikey keeping company as we headed back to get the van.

On to Photo's!
Pub lunch with obvious bike shots
IMG_20140816_134127-XL.jpg

Broken down bike and rider being display by the beautiful (old) assistant.
IMG_20140816_155523-XL.jpg

Sorry this one has to go in as well....

Back to camp on the phone to recovery...
IMG_20140816_192924-XL.jpg

Caption suggestions?!

All in all a fun day. Would I do it again?... damn right I would.

ferrol.

Mav and Donna
Thanks for running the off road riding again enjoyed it very much fun trails and a
great bunch of lads to ride with
Cheers
The beautiful old assistant :thumb

Ah yes 2 breakdowns also, (I'm counting the KTM :p sorry Keith) Recovery via the kind Keith's van and Mav's directions, plus borrow ramp form someone called..... er.....(insert name and own up please I'm hopeless). Mikey keeping company as we headed back to get the van.

Ahem, Ferrol...the KTM didn't breakdown........simply a jubilee clip required tightening which doesn't qualify as a break down!!!!

The ramp belonged to Melch :D

Got any more pics??

Thanks to Mav and Donna for organising and leading this - I had a blast despite my close inspection of the local flora! Next time I'll make sure I have knobblys on!

Thanks to Mav and Donna for organising and leading this - I had a blast despite my close inspection of the local flora! Next time I'll make sure I have knobblys on!
It was pretty spectacular ;)

Back
Top Bottom