BMW Streetguard suit 2014

What's the collar like on the jacket? I tried a jacket a few weeks ago at Vines, and it had a fairly stiff, high collar, but I can't remember which jacket it was.

What's the collar like on the jacket? I tried a jacket a few weeks ago at Vines, and it had a fairly stiff, high collar, but I can't remember which jacket it was.

That was the Tourshell

The SG4 is lower and comfy

Originally I was going for a Tourshell, but didn't like the collar and then tried the SG4 and found it to be comfy

May well buy one this week, anybody know who's doing deals on them?

It's my 1190R that has the suede seat, the street guard suit is textile with leather on the knees only. I'm still really impressed with it and have no regrets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

May well buy one this week, anybody know who's doing deals on them?

I got a small discount from my local dealer. They were very helpful though, they ordered a few different sizes in for me to try on which arrived at different times over a 3 month period. I could have phoned around for a better deal but id got good service so purchased from them.

I got 15% disc off the SG4, only place it seems to leak are the pockets, very slightly damp in torrential rain, i can live with that, The vents are brill and material does not feel as stiff as my SG3, the inner jacket fleece is perfect to wear on its own in the eve whilst away. The storm collar zips off and in the collar theres a hoody to keep ya slap head dry when it rains.

One thing I've noticed are the sizes, i had exactly the same sizes as my SG3 stuff and the SG4 feels a tad bigger than the SG3 .

I got 15% disc off the SG4

Where from please?

One thing I've noticed are the sizes, i had exactly the same sizes as my SG3 stuff and the SG4 feels a tad bigger than the SG3 .

BMW have altered their sizes this year, making each size slightly bigger. So most folk will need a size smaller than previous. So if you were previously say a size 50 then now you'd need a 48.

Where from please?

Pidcocks mates rates !

BMW have altered their sizes this year, making each size slightly bigger. So most folk will need a size smaller than previous. So if you were previously say a size 50 then now you'd need a 48.

My trousers are size 25 (I'm short leg 34 waist) you can't get smaller but they feel a tad big, the jacket is a 48 I'm fine with the jacket.

Wore my SG 2014 suit for the first time today and was very impressed. I wore it complete with liners and although it wasn't as hot today as previous days I didn't overheat. Im interested in seeing how it performs in cold weather, but I'm about to order some EDZ Merino will under garments for the winter. The suit felt very comfy, but if I had one criticism it would be that the jacket lower pockets are a little small. I can't comment on the waterproofing as thankfully it remained dry.

After much deliberation I ended up purchasing the 2014 Streetguard outfit today. What swayed me was how comfortable the fit was, most brands usually have some area of the clothing that doesn't fit very well but the new SG outfit was perfect and should come in really handy over the winter. It's expensive, but appears to suit me more than alternative brands is tried.

It seems that supply from BMW Motorrad to the dealers is a little slow, with my local dealer having minimal stock. I grabbed the outfit whilst it was there, in time for winter.

You did the right thing, went into Rainbow this morning to have a look, as my Rukka Gore-Tex trousers gave up the ghost in Scotland this weekend, looks like good kit, asked them to get me a set in to try, Extra manly Tosser size, Jacket in about two weeks, trousers not available until January next year!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Are they worth the wait?

Ride magazine did a review a month or so ago, they were disappointed because it leaked - maybe theirs was a one off?

I like the idea of this suit but it has to be proven waterproof before I will shell out £1100.

Ride magazine did a review a month or so ago, they were disappointed because it leaked - maybe theirs was a one off?

I like the idea of this suit but it has to be proven waterproof before I will shell out £1100.

I was talking to a chap on Saturday with a new Streetguard 4 suit. He bought it when he picked up his GSA TE as they gave him 20% off, and his has been leaking. The zips were all done up, but it still leaked. He's returning it, and has bought a Rukka.

As I've had Rukka before, and it never leaked, and I prefer the fit of Rukka gear, I've gone back to Rukka again. I've gone with the Armaxis as it's well vented (unlike my last Rukka suit), and comes with a six year warranty.:thumb

The Streetguard felt like a quality suit, but I'm between sizes on both the jacket and trousers, so it wasn't for me.:comfort:p

I was talking to a chap on Saturday with a new Streetguard 4 suit. He bought it when he picked up his GSA TE as they gave him 20% off, and his has been leaking. The zips were all done up, but it still leaked. He's returning it, and has bought a Rukka.

As I've had Rukka before, and it never leaked, and I prefer the fit of Rukka gear, I've gone back to Rukka again. I've gone with the Armaxis as it's well vented (unlike my last Rukka suit), and comes with a six year warranty.:thumb

The Streetguard felt like a quality suit, but I'm between sizes on both the jacket and trousers, so it wasn't for me.:comfort:p

I might try the next one down from the Streetguard 4, can't remember the name? if it is truly waterproof then I might go for that one, the Streetguard is a bit bulky for riding in every day, in my opinion.

I might try the next one down from the Streetguard 4, can't remember the name? if it is truly waterproof then I might go for that one, the Streetguard is a bit bulky for riding in every day, in my opinion.

Tourshell

I nearly went for one, but found the neck collar too high and then went for the SG4 instead

Once the SG4 'beds in' it doesn't feel bulky, no more so than the predecessor

Done a few miles in mine and it feels great, really flexible material, softer too

Only thing that feels weird is the cuffs as they have no velcro closure, but you soon get used to them

Back
Top Bottom