Remote aerial for Kenwood TK-3310?

Here you go, bottom of this page, not that expensive either.

Here's the document I refereed to above (it's a PDF), see 'Converted radio equipment' on page 6.

Bumpkin

Taking what you say to a logical conclusion, I presume it would be possible to buy the higher power Intaride radio and remote antenna and programme it for the PMR frequencies? Not strictly legal I know but achieves the same end?

Pete

Taking what you say to a logical conclusion, I presume it would be possible to buy the higher power Intaride radio and remote antenna and programme it for the PMR frequencies? Not strictly legal I know but achieves the same end?

Yes, assuming that it's either keypad programmable or you can get hold of the software and programming lead. Alternatively a Puxing PX888 from Honkers, about £50 delivered. Can be keypad, or cable, programmed to PMR frequencies, make sure you get the UHF model though as the VHF one looks the same but won't work on PMR. The radios are strictly on dodgy territory as far as OFCOM regs are concerned though.

I've fitted an autocom spa with kenwood tk3302 on a interface and today l collected the 0058 antenna from renair. They cut the cable down to the correct length and fitted sma f connections, l would highly recommend them.

yjuma4a7.jpg

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

If you don't feel up to transplanting an SMA fitting to a Kenwood, the Puxings come with SMA as standard.

Do you know the size of the 2 screws needed to fit the new connector. Have part number but unable to get any so just going to look for suitable screws from somewhere like Maplins. Thanks

Your setup looks sweet. I'm glad to of been some help.

Yup thanks for your help. The Peli case you can see in the photo contains the Autocom and Radio and is removable as its bolted to an old seat frame. Incidentally im about to change the Autocom for a Sena system. So i will probably sell the existing set up.

It will be a while before I can get it tested. Only received the proper seals for the connector today from Germany. They had to come from Japan so waited 3 months for em to arrive. Incidentally I have one or two spare but they were fookin expensive and are the correct Kenwood part. May be persuaded to part with a couple if anyone wants one. They are 5 euro each plus post. Dont blame me I had to pay that for them.

I have now converted two of my radios to take a remote antenna, now to do the third one. Im awaiting arrival of screw in antennas now.

I have now converted two of my radios to take a remote antenna, now to do the third one. Im awaiting arrival of screw in antennas now.

Delboy I'm looking to convert my TK3301 to take a remote antenna what part would i need please ? do you know any where i could send it to have it converted and a a lead made up with the antenna on ? not sure i have the brains to take the TK apart and start messing with it…thanks in advance

Dave its not difficult TBH. You can buy an antenna from Renair in London made up with the length of cable that you need. I think its 2 mtrs as standard but I got one with a shorter lead. You will require a male SMA connector two correct screws to fit it to the chassis. The most difficult part to source is the seal for between the chassis and case of the radio. I ordered mine through a Kenwood dealer in Germany and in turn he had to wait three months for them to come from Japan. Fortunately I have one or two spare but they cost nearly £5 each plus post but I can supply all the parts if you want them. Just PM me if you want them.

Did our Kenwood 3301 radios with aerials and not to difficult. got aerials from Troggy, mounts from Mark, aerial adaptors from EBay and new seals from a mate in the trade :thumb
have a look here http://ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/379070-Kenwood-antenna-mod post 11. Just looking for a pair of the more powerfull, 4W, Kenwoods now.

Attachments

• side mount.jpg
    side mount.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 236
  • top box radio.jpg
    top box radio.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 243

Back
Top Bottom