UK Coastal trip 12th May-27th May

Llandudno

Dave

About 10.30 or so. Got 4 stops between Flint and there, so we may be a bit (15 mins) later.
Martin & Chris

Hiya Natty here

Just a little warning about the weather, i came back from swansea last night to oxford and there are some nasty rain and thunder storms about, roads are likely to be really wet!!!!! so everyone wrap up warm (water proofs i think) and drive carefully, that includeds u carcher!!!

Have fun

Natty
xxxxxx

Flint to Fishguard

A day and a half's travel to reach Fishguard from Flint.

It was really good to meet all the guys in North Wales and we were royally entertained by Bustup Biker. When we visited Moelfre, Crewmember (and all round good guy) Ed Griffiths treated us to tea's all round and a goody bag to keep us going on the journey south.

Now we are being treated to a tea by the guys in Fishguard and they have let me blag some keyboard time as well.

Clive, we may be a day early in Weymouth, so text me Wednesday to check on our progress.

All the best, especially to Sid, McGill, Jumping Jack, DaveGSCymre, BustupBiker (Top Guy) :beerjug:
Now we are putting MickeyD through his paces.:D
PB

Re: Flint to Fishguard

Pondboy said:
Clive, we may be a day early in Weymouth, so text me Wednesday to check on our progress.

Now looks like I won't be able to make it anyway - my bike is sick - I was expecting to hear back from Cooper's today but didn't :(

I'm camping Wednesday night near Brockenhurst whatever happens.

Update, day... something or other.

Just to let you know the boys spent last night in Mumbles and were heading off at 7am today for the West Country. Everything is still going well and they have been spurred on by a message from Tiffany C :D .

Will update later.

Pondgirl

Wednesday

The boys got as far as Bideford last night and stayed with Carcher's gran. I haven't heard from them this morning but I know that they are expecting to pass Land's End at lunchtime today so I hope they get a chance to stop and say hello to Tiffany.

They are still ahead of schedule and should be home sometime on Friday, which is amazing going. Thanks to all of you who have been giving your support!

PG xx:D

Natty here

Well i know that the guys will have had a good night last night, when you leave carchers nans you are always feeling relaxed and your tummy is so full that you cant move.

good to know that they will be slighlty early missing him like crazy!!!

xxx

Last leg

The boys will be spending their last night at a YH just outside Portland Bill tonight and will complete their fantastic run by late lunch tomorrow. Anyone still interested in meeting up should call PB on 07776 133055.

PG xx

Pondboy (Martin) & Chris will should have finished by now and well done to them. I met up with them, and Amino, for some of the last days ride and look forward to the ride report and pictures.

Here's a snap of Martin & Chris getting lessons on the controls of a modern lifeboat (Weymouth) with its 1250bhp Caterpiller engines, two of them, and wall to wall gadgetry. Even sitting with the boat moored Martin still managed to turn a bit green(seasick green that is not envyous green).

Andy

Attachments

• img_0003.jpg
    img_0003.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 250
Home again

Got back home at 4.45pm after a manic ride up the M27 / M3 / A34 plus B roads. 15 1/2 days, 4,500 miles, 159 RNLI stations, 2 new rear tyres. No accidents or mishaps. Mission acomplished.

Shot up to The Unicorn for a last photo shoot and sent Carcher on his way off to Oxford. Then Pondgirl told me that Radio Berkshire wanted me to go in at 6.00pm for a radio interview. Turned up expecting the thing to be taped (so they could bleep out me ), only to find it would go out live.

Managed to keep my cool and gave a 5 minute precis of how good a F650 is, what hero's the RNLI guys are and how much my arse hurts.

Anyway thanks for all your support guys. Chris and I have had a great ride and enjoyed just about every minute of it. Most of the roads were just perfect for an F650 and we sure ragged it wherever we could.

The full story with pictures will be posted on my website over the next couple of weeks. If anyone has any inkling of doing a BIG trip, just go for it. You really don't need to do to much planning, just enjoy yourself and take things as the come. Everyone we have met has been incredibly helpfull and offered assistance should we ever need it.

A special thanks goes to the guys who put us up for the night.
Fausto
Farmer Palmer (Chris Neil)
BustupBiker
and Chris's Nan in Bideford.

Also to all the guys who rode out with us. Hope we didn't wear your tyres out too much.

All the best,
PB

hello to all.

It has been a fantastic two weeks, one of the best things i've ever done, though glad to be at home tucked up with the good lady.

Firstly a few thank you's.

To all who came out to ride with us, your company was very much appreciated and enjoyable.

To those that that put us up for the night (including my nan), we are both very grateful.

To Lyn (BustupBiker) for sorting us out with the rear tyres, even at such short notice.

And finally to Pondy, for being a great riding partner, and picking some awesome routes:D

Though i think i may leave it a while before i do some more long distance riding, or my arse is gonna give up

:beerjug:

TiffanyC on a Wall

Continuing the Tifffany C standing on a wall series. Here she is at Sennan Cove. Big respect to someone who has been much more adventurous with her travels than us.

Attachments

• tiffanyc on wall.jpg
    tiffanyc on wall.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 227
Well done guys. glad you finished ok with no major problems. and the bikes went well. looking forward to see some more pics.

Congrats' :beerjug:

Indeed....well done!

Pondboy...will send you another bit of code soon....will PM you with why ;)

Splendid effort :thumb

Back
Top Bottom