1190 Airbox issues

Seeing as it's you.........

Super cheap wheels HERE G'on, it's only money :D

Andres

Ta but only curious. If I lived to be 150 I doubt I would feel that the standard wheels were holding me back. Shaving 1.6 seconds from my home to Waitrose time is not worth the cost to me to be honest. (I also quite like my lurid orange wheels).

Got around to fitting my Uni filter gasket for the air box lid along with a new DNA filter today.

No sign of any dust after the filter as you would expect on a nearly new bike :)

Just a few dead bugs

New DNA fitted nice and tight and used the supplied grease along the mating surface to keep it air tight.

Unifilter gasket will hopefully keep the lid fully sealed

Quick ride out afterwards and bike feels a bit cleaner on the pick up so I guess it is breathing a bit better now :thumb2

popped the lid on my 5000 mile 15R yesterday - OEM paper filter + UNI gasket - and it's clean as a whistle in there :)

i do have the PP dust screens on the intakes too, so the main filter is pretty clean on the "dirty" side too. usually that part of the airbox is chokka with crap.

I have the same set-up with a Wings can (with the baffle installed). Just wondering whether a remap is required, although KTM don't mention anything about this in the Powerparts catalogue.

I have the same set-up with a Wings can (with the baffle installed). Just wondering whether a remap is required, although KTM don't mention anything about this in the Powerparts catalogue.

When mine was Hilltop'd Geoff commented on how lean it was running. He was surprised as he reckoned the RC8 lumps were normally fuelled quite well.
I told him about the DNA (I'd forgotten I'd fitted one.......) and he said that'd be why.

Your choice I guess but have a look at my thread on it in here, I posted up the AF read outs before and after.

Andres

Being as it's now the depth of winter decided to give my DNA air filter a service/clean ready for spring.

Bike done circa 5,000 miles since fitting last June and air box with the Uni gasket is still spotless :thumb

Filter fairly cruddy on the outside:

Nice and clean on the inside:

Update.

Now fitted Powercell foam pods after finding pooled water in my airbox.

IMG_7811-XL.jpg

IMG_7819-XL.jpg

The OEM airbox can be as leaky and poorly drained as it likes now :)

Although it is actually much better drained now as it's got 3 extra holes in it.

Update.

Now fitted Powercell foam pods after finding pooled water in my airbox.

IMG_7811-XL.jpg

IMG_7819-XL.jpg

The OEM airbox can be as leaky and poorly drained as it likes now :)

Although it is actually much better drained now as it's got 3 extra holes in it.

I've done exactly the same. Bought the 1190R on the understanding they have a rubbish airbox & got a Powercell kit inc pre-filters.
Why have anything less than the best protection for your engine?

I've done exactly the same. Bought the 1190R on the understanding they have a rubbish airbox & got a Powercell kit inc pre-filters.
Gone for Unifilter on mine after Andres (who seems a very reliable guy) recommended them.

I have the PP pre filters, which seem to do a fair job of keeping shit out of the airbox.

airbox%20clean-XL.jpg

I intend ordering a spare pair of pods from PowerCell at some point soon, so may order their pre filters just to make up the order to justify the postage costs. Possibly the SAS delete kit too, but similar can be obtained closer to home for less money.

I have the PP pre filters, which seem to do a fair job of keeping shit out of the airbox.

airbox%20clean-XL.jpg

I intend ordering a spare pair of pods from PowerCell at some point soon, so may order their pre filters just to make up the order to justify the postage costs. Possibly the SAS delete kit too, but similar can be obtained closer to home for less money.

In hindsight I'd have just got a set of SAS plates off Zen (although called something else now?) but you need the plug to trick the ECU though I imagine it's probably just a resistor?

How long have you had your pods on? or rather...with pre-filters and English riding, how long do you suspect they'll last?

In hindsight I'd have just got a set of SAS plates off Zen (although called something else now?) but you need the plug to trick the ECU though I imagine it's probably just a resistor?

How long have you had your pods on? or rather...with pre-filters and English riding, how long do you suspect they'll last?

It is just a resistor and a plug I believe. The resistor is 20KΩ according to guy on ADVrider.

My pic is of the airbox internals after about 3500 road miles. Pods looked just like when I put them in, except a slight dirty patch on the front of the leading pod. They could have been left there much longer. I was only in there as I was removing the airbox to do the valves.

This as I found them. I have since trimmed the breather pipe where it interferes with the rear pod, although PowerCell say it doesn't do any harm as stock.

2019%2018K%20Service%204-L.jpg

I fancy a spare set of pods so I can just swap them over at service. Otherwise you need to wash, dry and re oil them and being blessed with a non removable internal frame makes it a little awkward.

Back
Top Bottom