Fit a fog / tail light

Kahuna

Reaction score
Hi folks. I'd like to fit an LED fog light to the top box on my RT, but I need to switch it between just a high level brake light for normal use and as a fog light (on full time) when it's foggy.

Any help with a switch, wiring or suggestions would be welcome. I picked up a ring 14 led square light from amazon so would like to use that. It has a basic 2 wire connection. If possible id like to fit it without using a relay.

Comments welcome.

Use a two way switch ON/OFF/ON. Wire it back to front. The centre terminal go to the light and the outside terminals supply the power from the lighting circuit (when used as a fog light) and the brake circuit (when used as a brake light).

Get around the Canbus problem by using relays.

Had a setup like this on my K75 for many years.

tom

Thanks Tom. Think it's possible to feed directly from the separate powers taps rather than from a relay?

Thanks Tom. Think it's possible to feed directly from the separate powers taps rather than from a relay?

I doubt it, you need to ask someone with experience of the CANBUS system, which I don't have, (assuming your bike is CANBUS).

tom

Re tapping in for the lights, I tried that i.e. tapping into the running light / brake light to an LED on the top box. It did work but brought up a fault light on the dash.....

I eventually used 2 small micro-relays as an interface with the canbus feeds to the rear light. Now works ok without any fault lights on the dash.

Back
Top Bottom