Fitting Scala G9 (velcro speakers) to Arai Quantum ST - ae ny tips?

MotoGoLoco

Reaction score
Just replaced my ancient old Condor lid with a shiny new Quantum ST and went to transfer my Scala headset across, but... The new lid's lining is too smooth for the G9's earpiece's velcro to grab onto.

Has anyone come up with a neater solution than my current ideas of gluing some sticky-back velcro into the ear recess / hacking into the earpiece foam and slotting the speaker into there?

Cheers all,

James

remove the cheek pads and then insert under the cover. You can put the velcro directly onto the ear recess and move around the speakers to get a good sound.

remove the cheek pads and then insert under the cover. You can put the velcro directly onto the ear recess and move around the speakers to get a good sound.

This is how I have my Autocom speakers installed into my Arai Quantum, a very neat and discrete solution. I had to trim a bit of the soft foam so I could move the speakers forward a little to centre them over my ear canal. You might also want to 'pack' them slightly to bring them lightly into contact with your outer ear rather than having a gap, I found that doing both the centring and packing got me the best results. Needs experimentation to get it spot on but well worth the effort for best possible performance. Of course your lid and head may vary...

Both of these sound promising, will have a bash later on.

Cheers guys!

I'm just fitting up a Caberg Justisimo and an AGV full face for a 3000 mile tour the wife and I are going on in July.

I cannot get the system load enough to hear my music left alone the wife on the intercom.
I have fitted in the ear recess in both lid and have them lightly touching my ears, they worked ok, but quietly when standing around in the garden but effectively useless once on the bikes.

Will have another play, if no joy they will be going back.

I had the same problem with low volume and what I did was twofold. First, it is REALLY critical that you get the speaker position right. If you have speaker pockets
in the helmet, then it doesn't mean that that position is right for you.

Secondly, in my case I still wanted more volume so I bought a second baseplate for the G9X which allows you to fit your exisiting G9 unit but the speakers plug in via a 3.5mm jack plug, which gives you the option of using earbuds which some people swear by. It will certainly give you all the volume you want, in fact too much.

But what I did was put a Fiio 6 amplifier in line, stuck underneath with velcro. All works good now with plenty of volume to listen to the music or radio etc.

All adds to the cost but having had a Sena SMH10 that failed in the rain due to water ingress ,replacement with the G9 works well and is IP rated.

Had a go at this last night, and bar a bit of buggering about that I'll need to do today to get the speakers into the right place, this is about perfect. Cheek pads out, speaker stuck in behind the material and pop the pads back in. Thanks fr your help guys much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom