Explorer 1200 XC as of today....

1200 breakdown

ok here we go again.
triumph bham have just told me the engine has been striped down and they found,a balance shaft bolt has come loose/snapped he didn't say causing the problem :confused::confused::confused::confused:
he said they the bham branch have been given the go ahead to replace the whole crank set up ,and new crank cases :augie/
i then asked why are the cases being changed he said ,because of the bolt damaged the inside of the cases,i then asked so what about swarf in the engine/bore/head etc.he said until its completely pulled down,he cannot say.:eek:
my main concern is,will the swarf fuck the engine up,would you be happy with being rebuilt ,:confused::confused:

ok here we go again.
triumph bham have just told me the engine has been striped down and they found,a balance shaft bolt has come loose/snapped he didn't say causing the problem :confused::confused::confused::confused:
he said they the bham branch have been given the go ahead to replace the whole crank set up ,and new crank cases :augie/
i then asked why are the cases being changed he said ,because of the bolt damaged the inside of the cases,i then asked so what about swarf in the engine/bore/head etc.he said until its completely pulled down,he cannot say.:eek:
my main concern is,will the swarf fuck the engine up,would you be happy with being rebuilt ,:confused::confused:
also what i meant to ask ,has any one else had/heard of this problem before on these bikes,my mrs is now saying she would not get on the bike again in case it does it again when riding it .

triumph exc

not a sausage ????????????????????????????????????????:confused::confused:

Gents, Ive just sold my GSA and as of today I am the proud (I hope) owner of a Khaki green, 1215cc, Explorer XC, 10 months old, with 3500 miles on it.

As its my first ever Trifle, what do I need to know?

Stonking engine by the way.....

I have a 2014 TEX XC in khaki green as well as my GSA. That age of bike there arent recalls on it as it only applied to earlier bikes. The bike you and I have is solid and i have had no issues at all. Its chalk and chesse compared to the GSA. The TEX engine is a speed machine - I was often very surprised at how often I was in triple digits. The fuel tank (around 20 litres) is good for 200-250 miles depending on your riding style. I have farkled mine up a great deal - taller screen, better seat, better exhaust, some bar risers, and some extra protection for the radiator and extra engine bars.

The exhaust is an area which you should consider swapping out - the OEM exhaust ways an almost literal ton, I tried a few and ended up with an titanium scorpion, but have a new beowulf system here if your interested. Have you got any luggage for the bike? the OEM stuff is .... OK and does the job. There are some better bits out there (there always is) but surprisingly well priced. I opted for the TraX mental tins for mine so I have the OEM stuff spare.

Generally speaking there isnt anything to report fault wise with the bike. If you have the Triumph LED spotlights then thats good, otherwise keep an eye on them as the older type had some moisture buildup in the lens.

also what i meant to ask ,has any one else had/heard of this problem before on these bikes,my mrs is now saying she would not get on the bike again in case it does it again when riding it .

Generally speaking, for the explorer, they [Triumph] have been pretty good sorting out issues. Although my TEX hasnt had any issues to report, I do know (from the TEX forum) that those issues reported - including yours - have generally been fixed no questions. The dealers (again, generally) are reasonably good and if there is any sign of internal damage they will report to triumph and get it changed. Become friends with your dealer and ask to sit in on the strip down work if you can and see whats what.

Any swarf would normally be washed out when they did the strip down so I would not worry about it - but doesnt hurt to drop Triumph and your dealer a note to register your concern about this issue so, if anything occured in the future, you have some thing to refer back to - plus it helps focus their attention when rebuilding your engine.

Back
Top Bottom