Dipped a toe off road yesterday evening

Deleted account 200123001

Reaction score
Well technically it wasn't off-road because it was just an un-maintained road...but it was fun even with tourances...
Destination Rivington....Belmont road-Georges Lane.

DSC_0290.JPG
What I have let myself in for?

DSC_0291.JPG
Looking forward

DSC_0292.JPG
Looking forward and getting steeper

DSC_0293.jpg
A little battle damage accrued.

Looked like fun, the 11½'s can take it. TRy and get a set of Steptoe's head protectors. Brilliant.

That looked like a normal state of repair for Wigan roads. :D
Mark

As I'm not a wiganer born I'm not offended...but they are about the same in Stoke! I think there are even still some cobbles in Wigan and stoke... Home from home...

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

If you did that on your own just a word of warning . . if something goes amiss with that weighty beast you could be in Stchuk . . . or am I just getting old!?:rob

Last edited:
If you did that on your own just a word of warning . . if something goes amiss with that weighty beast you could be in Stchuk . . . or am I just getting old!?:rob

That thought had crossed my mind....there were still quite a few people about near by on the pedestrian path over the other side of the embankment, wouldn't have tackled that if in strange territory.
On the way up I saw a couple walking down and met a Landy coming the other way.

Youre only entering the "practical" phase of your life!

Yes indeedy....not to mention some suspension adjustment.....the front preload was a bit harsh.

Soft as you can and tyres at 24 psi :thumb

.ie. Not the 10 psi you run them at on the road:D

engine protectors are a must ! so is dropping the tyre pressures ! Also learn how to pick it up on your own ! Why do I say this ???

I got my brand new GSA on the Thursday, on the Saturday in the pissing rain I took it off road to a quarry near by, it was perfect, good grip, good balance climbed well and when I came to a dead end it was easy to manoeuvre , my off road confidence was coming back so I left the quarry and took it to the cliff tops where the surface was mainly grass and mud. With hindsight, should have dropped the tyre pressures, I was 20 mins in a long clear stretch of track when the back wheel started slipping in a rut, (I know slow down, lean back to move the weight !), anyway long story short (too late), the back slid out too far and the front slid from under me.

The engine bars were embedded 6 inches into the mud, I picked it up, took photos started it took it home cleaned it and not a scratch on it !! luck good and bad plus soft wet grass.

And before anyone says anything I am about to book a 2 day off road course, just to remind me what to do !!!

See the pics:

Attachments

• fell off 1.jpg
    fell off 1.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 331
  • fell off 2.jpg
    fell off 2.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 293
  • fell off 3.jpg
    fell off 3.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 294
  • fell off 4.jpg
    fell off 4.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 290
Where d'ya get that headlamp protector?
(mine's the same colour, btw :thumb2)

Fair play Blue, that's not EXTREME off road by a way, but I'd certainly call it off-road, and more than enough to scare many off :clap

That's exactly the sort of terrain I love on the GS (I loathe mud on it) and it works well there......there's not much you can't crush in your wake with a pair of balls and a steady throttle open over it all :clap

DO try some TKC80's.....they are not hardcore tyres, but they are bloody brilliant and there aren't many people who can outride the limits of the tyre on them :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom