Missing sections of route in 2610 following transfer

Orinoco

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've been putting together a route in Tyre and Basecamp. All fine on the laptop, route appear fine, but when transferred to the 2610 the route is there but with bits missing!

Any ideas?

Garmin%2520photo.JPG

What mapping are you using? Tyre uses Googemaps so will be different from whatever you have on the unit. Good luck with Basecamp, I have to use it for the latest Garmins but find Mapsource much easier. You can create routes in the same way s with Tyre and it was designed to be used with Garmin devices. I use openstreetmaps for my 2610 as the last Garmin update was 2009, having the same maps on your PC helps but it is not essential. It does save the device recalculating the route which can be a cause of problems especially if your preferences don't match those to create the route.

John

What happens when you just create the route in BaseCamp, without going through Tyre and / or whatever other maps you are using?

With questions like these, it would be helpful if bods could attach the route file to the post. That way people can look at it to see if there are any glaring glitches and / or see if it displays properly on their device(s).

solved I think

I've found a solution if not the answer! I needed to recalculate the route once on the Garmin, then all OK. I'm using OSM from Talky Toaster, routable maps without contours. Not had this problem before, think they're the same version of maps on both Garmin and Basecamp.

I'm still trying to learn Basecamp, through after 2 years might give up, map source was so much easier, which is why I'm giving Tyre a go, but it's only on PC which is a pain as I'm a Mac user, needed to fire up an old windows laptop

Back
Top Bottom