New to GS, looking to go green laning in the Peak District

tiktok

Reaction score
Hi guys, as the title says, I bought my first GS on Sunday and next weekmimwill be up in the Peak District. I really want to go green laning, but do not know any routes.

Can anyone suggest some good routes in the Peak District?

Join the local TRF and don't go trailriding alone.

I'm visiting the area for a week and will be looking to do some trails mid-week. I'll consider TRF membership for the future.

///

Does anyone know of some routes that I can take in the Peak District?

Hey up Tiktok
Heres a linky to the definative map of Derbyshire /peakdistrict

http://derbyshiremaps.derbyshire.go...arker=&zoom=&back=&pc=&layers=&sl=&sf=&sv=&p=

The map will give you the info of what is up to date legal = BUT NOT WHATS DOABLE FOR YOUR LEVEL OF RIDING - SOME ARE DIFFICULT OR NY IMPOSSIBLE ON A BIKE GS
I am not about next week or I would come along and help with what I know.
As said I wouldnt go on yer own if - 1 yer dont know where yer going or 2 Its dangerous without a mate to lift yer bike with yer
The lanes open at moment are marked up with red dots if it helps yer
Maybe a post in the Peak District Forum may get a response

Thanks for the link Mick. I have done a fair bit off-roading in the past (land rovers, Pinzgauers, Bedfords), often towing. I also grew up around this area, but have not used the byways for a long time.

I have no intention of pushing myself, this is merely to 'dip my toe in the water'. Whilst I have some free time on a family commitment.

I'll be around the weekend of the 14/15 June if anyone fancies a ride then?

Back
Top Bottom