15/16/17th May 2015

Madmountainman

Reaction score
I've been liaising with the owner of a rather lovely campsite in the SW, who's more than happy to accommodate us for a weekend meeting, possibly even a National Event if the date's are agreeable and don't clash with anything else. He's requested that i don't organise anything on a Bank Holiday (his site will be fully booked), so i'm going to look at running things on the aforementioned dates as they're the only one's that fit in with my shift pattern.
The site's an absolute gem, for adults only with hard standing/hookups for wobbly boxes, statics, a couple of apartments and a super camping field complete with pods.
Once i get the all clear with the owner i'll post details on here. Watch this space folks….

It's Cheddar!

Ok, apologies to Mort as shifts and time off availability from work have left me with this date to trial run a new campsite here in the SW. Our events are at either end of the country, so i'm sure that there are a few bods down here that won't be making the trip oop north, so here's an alternative.
Following my last Exmoor do, there was feedback from attendees about the accessibility and distance to get to the site from the M5. Taking that on board, i've got a fantastic little site in Cheddar, that's more than happy to welcome us for a small event. If feedback from this looks good, i can look to run it as a National Event in the future.

The event will be held at Cheddar Bridge Touring Park, which is an absolute gem of a site based on the fringe of Cheddar, so it's lovely and quiet, yet only a short stroll into the town centre.
They have a range of accommodation, from Static Caravans, Apartments, Wobbly Box/Caravan Pitches and a super camping field complete with pods.

There's further B&B accommodation in Cheddar, which has a supermarket, a range of shops/cafes and a really good Indian restaurant (good for a take away for a campsite meal one night possibly).

Being Cheddar, it is a very popular site, so i expect it will get booked up quite quickly, the closer we get to the date. So, if you fancy attending this inaugural event, get it in the diary and get it booked.

I hope we will have some local volunteers for rides, which will help as i can then offer walkies for those that may be interested.

More details will follow in due course….:thumb2

Prices

Costs for some of the available accommodation are as follows:-

Wobbly Box £14.00 Per Night
Tent (Up to 2 People) £12.00 Per Night
Pods & Gypsy Wagon £35.00 Per Night
Apartments £60.00 Per Night
Statics were not quoted as they are a minimum 3 night stay.

Plenty of detailed information on their website.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom