What would you buy??

gingerbeemer08

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok so its looking like I'm gonna have to sell my KTM adventure to free up some cash but I'd still like an adventure type bike thats capable of a bit of off road, a bit of commuting and a bit of scratch.
My budgets likely to be about £2k so, what would you buy?
My thoughts so far are Triumph tiger 995 (not sure I like the triples though), an older Africa twin or Tenere or DR800. Think a GS might be a bit out of this price range??

any more thoughts or suggestions??

I would buy what I fancied, so should you:beerjug:

You're right!
thing is....I dont know what I fancy! And I certainly dont know every bike out there (Particularly anything pre-2000).
I quite like the quirky stuff thats a bit different. Even had my eye on an ex-army MT350!
Just interested in suggestions of things I might not have thought of I guess:beerjug:

I have a lot of fun on a 660 Tenere, bought it new in Folkstone and its first ride was to catch the ferry in Birkenhead, 346 miles later. I could feel it loosen up as the miles went by. Yes, I know the motorway is not an ideal medium for running in but needs must etc. It was as comfortable as my GS 12.

Ive spent a fair bit on bits,centre stand, sump guard, but the best return was from the Kev mods and DNA filters which release a fair bit of power and sharpen it up generally. I would take it touring no problem.

I scratches fairly well tho' I may in time look for a smaller front wheel to sharpen up the steering. It is a very tall bike and with a 31" insl I can just manage it. Lowering kits are available.

I have no intention of going off road. All in all a great fun bike.

In a month or two I'll have an 1150gs to sell for less than your limit. Tatty but very reliable. Pm me if you're interested.

I'd look for an 1100 or 1150GS. Reckon you'll find one if you're patient.

caponord

Aprillia Caponord etv 1000 loads of bike for no money,get one with sorted suspension and electrics,ride great.....:thumby:

Back
Top Bottom