2014 RT's GROUNDED! DO NOT RIDE!

AHaywood

Reaction score
ALL owners of the 2014 RT's are being contacted by dealers asking them NOT to ride their bike under any circumstances and until further notice.

No information as to what's happening...guess something very serious has happened somewhere!!

I hope they will be compensating people with a tour booked soon...

I hope not!:comfort:D

Can't be whole lot different, you have Sachs what does the RT have?

We all know they'll sort it:thumby:

But for me it's the buggeration factor, with warranty/fault finding/campaign/recall work .................................half day to get it inspected, then wait for parts, go back again another halfday or a full day and for me it would be, 2 x 150mile round trips = 300 miles for no pleasure

No compo for your time troubles or money for extra fuel :blast

New bikes can be a pain in the arse

BMW really are going from bad to worse... what the hell is going on there?

Can't be whole lot different, you have Sachs what does the RT have?

We all know they'll sort it:thumby:

But for me it's the buggeration factor, half day to get it inspected, then wait for parts, go back again another halfday or a full day and for me it would be, 2 x 150mile round trips = 300 miles for no pleasure

No compo for your time troubles or money for extra fuel :blast

New bikes can be a pain in the arse

As they're telling people not to ride them, I'll assume they will be collecting the bikes from the customers homes, in a van, and delivering a loan bike.:nenau

Good job they've not sold that many.:augie:p

My mate has been told by his dealer that if he rides his bike then his insurance will be invalid, as he is now aware of the problem.. Must be really serious.

they may not have sold many but when I had the call today the dealer told me he had 25 calls to make.

I had my first service yesterday, the ride home being able to regularly use over 5 k revs was great, now I have a very nice sculpture sitting in front of the house (Ok bungalow)

Will be interesting what the BMW response will be, I suspect a chog of wood in the post to ram into the rear suspension so that I can slowly drive to the dealer to be fixed

BUgggggggger

Looking at the mcn link looks like 500 or so bikes involved,how long will it take bmw to source the parts required.

Back
Top Bottom