Why I am sticking to my RT versus a GS

7. There is no space at all under the seat, and the rear section doesn't even lift off.
Puggy

Rear section does come off, just ondo the 2 finger operated screws at the front and slide out!

Rear section does come off, just ondo the 2 finger operated screws at the front and slide out!

Yeh thanks. Found that now, no space under there though! Lots of expensive looking electronics. Still a brilliant bike though!

I like the toolkit under the pilot's seat!
Yes!...:

1 x screw driver
1 x spanner
1 x oil cap tool..

All screaming out: "don't touch the bike, just call BMW Emergency Services and order another Latte....!"

I've fitted a Givi 3D603 tank lock bag for mine so that any odd bits can be put in there.

- The BMW Garmin satnav is hard to read in sunlight and the writing is very small - why cant they do a deal with TomTom?

Because TomTom bike satnavs are massively shit.

RT versus a GS

I am a new convert to the BMW method of motorcycle travel. I have just bought a 2,700 mile 2013 R1200RT 90 year edition bike with all the toys. Following test rides on the new water cooled GS, GSA, and on an older 2012 RT to gauge what suited us best for two up touring trips around UK and Europe next year I opted for this model RT. I have to say excellent product so far. Covered 900 miles over the first three days and had to be enticed off the bike for food. I found the GS and GSA great fun but thought that for touring protection the RT would suit me better with its adjustable screen and generous fairing. Best purchase ever.

Keep her lit and rubber side down.

I am a new convert to the BMW method of motorcycle travel. I have just bought a 2,700 mile 2013 R1200RT 90 year edition bike with all the toys. Following test rides on the new water cooled GS, GSA, and on an older 2012 RT to gauge what suited us best for two up touring trips around UK and Europe next year I opted for this model RT. I have to say excellent product so far. Covered 900 miles over the first three days and had to be enticed off the bike for food. I found the GS and GSA great fun but thought that for touring protection the RT would suit me better with its adjustable screen and generous fairing. Best purchase ever.

Keep her lit and rubber side down.

And it will just keep on delighting you! Good choice

Back
Top Bottom