Any members in Reading?

Tyrion

Reaction score
I'm moving down to Berkshire as I have a job in Reading but I don't want to live in Reading and I've found a couple of houses I like in the Hook area, http://www.carsons.co.uk/forsaleoffice/Hook/1159 I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the commute's like for bikers? Are there any other members in the area? I'd love to meet some new people as I'm from the Leeds area so not familiar with Reading etc.

Welcome.

Hi there and welcome,
There are a few folk around Reading and I'm sure they will be along soon with helpful suggestions.
We normally meet up each month in a pub, fourth Thursday unless someone alters it.
Keep an eye on this section of the website for the formal invitation, only believe that which is written bold and blue!
I came down from Carlisle and apart from not putting enough gravy on their chips, they seem ok round here.

Hello and welcome.

As Patrick says, plenty of us around these parts and quite a few 'ladies' who ride (on and off road). The monthly pub meet would be a good way to meet a few of us. In the summer my wife Louise and I would normally ride to it on our bikes but in the winter when it's cold and dark she normally drives me home!
It would be a bit more of a trek for you from Hook as the meet is usually north of Reading but worth the effort.

If you need any pointers or advice on the move send me a pm and I may be able to help or point you in the right direction.

PS Patrick could almost be taken for a Southerner now even though he still speaks a bit funny :D

I live about 3 miles from Hook and used to commute to Reading. It all depends where you work in Reading and what time you need to be there when calculating journey times.

PS Patrick could almost be taken for a Southerner now even though he still speaks a bit funny :D

You're forgetting he's an Essex boy at heart but I'm not sure that's any better than being falsely accused of being a Northern Monkey. :aidan

Thanks for the responses guys I'll keep looking and be back with more questions/information when I've figured exactly where I'm moving etc.

Back
Top Bottom