JohnGS1100 Tuning Chip

Check out messages on fb john

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

John check for my mssg on Facebook

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

Fitted the chip John sent me today, bike started but very low idle, Fuel pump was continuously priming.
removed tank again to check all connection, all appears to be ok.
any ideas????

if the idle speed is close to 1150 you can adjust it by the little shifting of big screws on throttles but is very improtand these big sscrews must be 2 full truns from closed. You can open until 2 +1/2 and maybe the idle speed will be ok.

Also you can adjust the idle speed by little shifting of TPS. The TPS can adjust from 0,35-0,40 Volts.

These are the easy way.

Finaly you can adjust it by the little screws behing the throttle (by pass stop screws).

https://scontent.fath1-2.fna.fbcdn....=aaca279499c5bcb069a40ce345164fd9&oe=5A56B283

Buit there is a tip by this ways.

1. SET THE TPS to 0,36 Volts.

2. Sycronizations by the ritgh throttle cable on 3500 rpms.

3. Sychronization by the big screws on throttle to 1.600 rpms (must be arround 2- 2+1/2 full turns from closed.

and finally.

4 Adjust and sychronization the idle speed by the little bypass stop screws behing the throttles
but.. you must connect the tools Voltometer to TPS and the sychronization tool and when shifting the left by pass screws you must adjsut the tps again to 0,37 Volt then CLOSE KEY AND RESTART ENGINE, readjust the little screws and TPS, CLOSE RESTART AGAIN. Thats the reason, or secret that many mechanics say NO DO NOT ADJUST THESE LITTLE BY PASS SCREWS !!

until ..

1. Iddle speed is both sycronization and to 1.150 rpms, 2. TPS,. to 0,366 Volt.

ATER ALL SETTINGS THE BIKE :

Has perfect sychronization from iddle speed, low rpms (1.400-1.900) and middle rpms (2.000-...).
Has perfect idle speed.
has the more air at low rpms (1.1100-1.900 rpms) for BETTER START RIDING THE BIKE.
and finally BETTER CONSUMPTION.

Still running my chip from a few years ago. Standard exhaust but I will put a dominator on it before the end of the year. Bike goes great _ thanks to a certain person on here.

Should I get an updated chip when I get a new exhaust John?

I have a few spare chips #4, 5, 7, 8 and 9 I think have to double check first, for a single spark.

With Johns permission I would distribute free of charge.

if this offer still stands i could use 7 or 8.

2002 r 1150r cat delete only, running 87 octane in USA

I fitted a stage 10 early this year, sadly I have not had as much time on the bike as I would like since so I can only report on initial impressions.
The bike feels more lively to the extent that I feel the need to put more weight on the front when accelerating quickly. It runs at least as smoothly as before and fuel consumption does nor appear to have changed. Hopefully next year will bring more time to play!

2003 1150 GS (twin spark) fitted from new with Y piece and Remus can (baffle in)

John

Stage 9 chip dynos.

25442794_973050269521936_7622445457051893272_n.jpg

I fitted a stage 10 early this year, sadly I have not had as much time on the bike as I would like since so I can only report on initial impressions.
The bike feels more lively to the extent that I feel the need to put more weight on the front when accelerating quickly. It runs at least as smoothly as before and fuel consumption does nor appear to have changed. Hopefully next year will bring more time to play!

2003 1150 GS (twin spark) fitted from new with Y piece and Remus can (baffle in)

John

Hi John, I assume you've now had time to assess the stage 10 chip, your observations?

[/QUOTE]
"The bike feels more lively to the extent that I feel the need to put more weight on the front when accelerating quickly. It runs at least as smoothly as before and fuel consumption does nor appear to have changed.
John[/QUOTE]

same experience with the same bike (2003-TS) here with stage 9 from John.

Have you had a reply, I pm'd him couple weeks ago and had no reply:nenau

Not sure whats going on with John but I have been waiting on a 'lennies sprockets' replacement chip for my 1100 since May. I have reminded him (via facebook messenger) every month since, to be told 'ill send it soon' but it is yet to arrive.

His chips are fantastic, and he used to send them out very quickly and reliably, i have had several over the years, but recently either his personal circumstances have changed, or he has lost interest.

I have messaged him there to bring this thread to his attention, maybe hes not checking UKGSer any more.

Back
Top Bottom