Versys 1000

Ta.Ordered one.

Have you got the comfort gel seat or did you stick with the standard ?

Stuck with the standard, it wasn't fantastic to begin with but its super comfi now only 1500 miles in maybe ive got used to it but ive got no problems with it at all

Stuck with the standard, it wasn't fantastic to begin with but its super comfi now only 1500 miles in maybe ive got used to it but ive got no problems with it at all

I've just ordered a Corbin seat with extra height which is cheaper than the Kawasaki gel seat and supposedly more comfortable over long distances.Never liked gel seats and the standard Versys seat is a bit tapered forward, which I assume is to let more people get both feet planted.
Not sure whether the Corbin will look a bit too HD but we will see !!

Finally picked up my bike today . Rode it home 150 metres from dealer and spent the afternoon fiddling , fitting the tinted tall screen, rad guard and gps mount.
Weather has been rubbish so not been out on it but will be tomorrow !!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446914063.786864.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446914076.237903.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446914089.491434.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tosserbollockery

Looking very good :thumb2.

I sold my RT a few weeks ago and I've started thinking about my next bike. I was going to go down the secondhand GS/GSA route, but this thread started me looking at the Versys. It seems to be a lot of bike for the money which is very tempting!

I've read a couple of reports about the suspension not coping as well as you'd like over a series of bumps. Anyone had experience of that?

NO problem with the suspension at all seems very compliant I adjusted the rear preload up a bit but then put it back as it felt better to begin with !!

Well dine Arsey no point asking what your impressions are yet LOL

NO problem with the suspension at all seems very compliant I adjusted the rear preload up a bit but then put it back as it felt better to begin with !!

Cheers for that. Good news. The pic of your bike appears to have WP stickers on the forks - are they really WP? :)

I rode the bike in the dark last night for about 20 miles in pretty crap weather.
First impressions -feels very light and flickable, lights a bit pants, gearbox very sweet and the engine is turbine smooth. I'd forgotten just how smooth after mainly riding twins of late.
The taller screen seems to deflect all wind and turbulence over my head , riding position is good.

So initial thoughts are its a great deal of bike for very little money .

Sent from my iPhone using Tosserbollockery

I rode the old Versys 1000 and thought it was a superb road bike and very underrated. Ugly as sin though but this looks a whole lot better:thumb

I like the colour, Looks like the XR and no doubt it's half the price

Great review in MCN today by a local guy who runs a motorcycle tour company and has covered 70k miles on his 2012 model Versys . He is an ex motorcycle copper who has covered thousands of miles on lots of big bikes. Absolutely loves his big Versys.:thumb2

I've just ordered the same bike with the GT pack. The value seems hard to beat :thumb2

Eh ?

There isn't a GT pack anymore.Not for the 2016 bikes.

They just sell the base bike and then you add from the accessories list yourself,which is basically what they did in 2015 but it was done for you.

What did you go for ?

Love mine,Only done 100 miles but it's far far better than I was expecting.

Back
Top Bottom