Seat foam bumps 2014 GSA

That's a shame you feel like that. I've had three twin cam 1200's, and two LC's. As someone that likes to keep my bikes clean, I've obviously spent a lot of time "up close" to all my bikes, and have noticed that the build quality on the latest bike is certainly as good, if not better than the TC.

As for the creaking panels, are you sure the creaks were coming from the bike?:aidan

Good point, hadn't thought about that...certainly a few creeks coming from me....probably also accounts for the loud groaning noise every time I clamber on the thing.

Just get BMW to swap it out, and stop moaning.:D
OMG, what is your problem? All I've done is post an item stating that I too have the same problem. Of course I'm going to get it replaced under warranty. The purpose of the post is to let others who may have a similar issue know that it is a common problem.
Look, if you don't have any anything constructive to add, don't make a comment.
I hope the other nine thousand posts you have listed on this site are not equally as pointless.

Cant be bothered to read all thE posts but I can tell you Alan Jefferies did my 6K service last week on "Olive" Bless and they found seat bumps it was all sorted :) Also my pal Tosser Saw had his 6K yesterday and again all sorted its all to do with the overlocking stitching being the wrong way round they just turn it inwards and jobs a good un! Mick's was done without even him knowing! Top marks to AJ's.

Glad big olive is sorted. Mine did have one on the rear that's gone but have one on the front now. Good that it's a simple fix. Will get mine done at 6k but that will be a few months yet. I'm not worried about it though.

Jon

Well it's gone again :eek: had a hump on the front, rode home from work and it's gone :confused: :D

Makes sense what big Derek said about the internal seam getting caught on the innards. I'm guessing a little massage could well straighten them out until they snag again :D

Jon :)

had a hump on the front

Was the bike stable enough on the side stand to have a hump on the front, or did you have to put it on the centre stand. I need to know before asking the wife out to the garage for a hump to try and clear the bump on my front seat so I don't end up knocking the bike over. :D

Was the bike stable enough on the side stand to have a hump on the front, or did you have to put it on the centre stand. I need to know before asking the wife out to the garage for a hump to try and clear the bump on my front seat so I don't end up knocking the bike over. :D

Deffo need the centre stand for a dry hump mate. You need some purchase :thumb

The side stand wet hump should be ok as less friction :eek: :D

Obviously this will need pictures to prove my logic :thumb

Of the seat hump you dirty boy !!!! :eek: :D :beerjug:

Seat hump fix :thumb2

I've had them appear then disappear on and off since picking up big blue.

If you manipulate the seem along where the bumps are you can straighten them out easily. Bit of a pain but for all those getting seats swopped it's unlikely there will be any difference in the new ones :rolleyes:

I think when new they are ok but as they soften up a bit the covering becomes looser and then the internal seam catches on the foam causing bumps.

Maybe a more permanent fix is to get the cover refitted slightly tighter once the seat has bedded in :nenau

Anyway I'm not bothering with a replacement as I can massage them out in like 5 seconds :thumb

Jon :beerjug:

Seat hump fix :thumb2

I've had them appear then disappear on and off since picking up big blue.

If you manipulate the seem along where the bumps are you can straighten them out easily. Bit of a pain but for all those getting seats swopped it's unlikely there will be any difference in the new ones :rolleyes:

I think when new they are ok but as they soften up a bit the covering becomes looser and then the internal seam catches on the foam causing bumps.

Maybe a more permanent fix is to get the cover refitted slightly tighter once the seat has bedded in :nenau

Anyway I'm not bothering with a replacement as I can massage them out in like 5 seconds :thumb

Jon :beerjug:

what a sensible idea.

with that level of common sense, are you sure you've bought the right bike? :D

Back
Top Bottom