USB / 13 Amp 3 pin combined twin socket

Indeed, a "why haven't I seen that before?" Moment.

Every widget, gadget and farkle you buy comes with a mains charger.

In theory, any socket like that which you add to your home should be professionally installed I think......some wank laws about certification etc.

So yes, great idea, but if I was a Dragon in the den, I'd say no but well done.

If you are happy to install things like this without wanky certification (as most of us are) then great, but still, every item you buy that charges from a usb lead comes with an adaptor :nenau

Fair point but they don't all come with a charger. From the top of my head....bicycle lights, mini WiFi gadget linking TV to t'internet, son's mobile phone.

Also, by my bed upstairs I have a double socket. What with my bedside light and Mrs G's pleasure toys recharging, it's a challenge getting my phone charged overnight.......;)

The quality of the transformer from 240v ac to 5v dc would be a worry to me as its hidden in the wall any problems with overheating might not show until its too late :eek:

Before you go off and buy this one, be informed that Screwfix have these in their catalogue in a variety of different finishes, and they dont have 'wanki' writing on them (ref to first review)

I'll be getting some next visit.

AKAIK, these need not be installed by a registered electrician, BUT don't 'try if your shy' (of some basic knowledge)

Back
Top Bottom