Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Road rides on the Saturday

www.humvee-graphics.com Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty GSER View Post
    We're off to Goodwood now, Steve.
    Sounds good I've never been
    Visit our web shop for stickers/graphics/pannier wrap kits for your GS/Adventure bike
    web shop; www.humvee-graphics.com The originals and the best
    Limited range of our products available on e-bay, our shop; humveegraphics
    Facebook; http://www.facebook.com/humveegraphics

Audi Cock Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Likewise my rural roads around Berks/hants/wilts..lovely and quiet

Yeah the New forest will be heaving, honestly Goodwood on Nutty's known roads will be great.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Nobody with any local knowledge has offered any routes. JB cobbled a route together in Mapsource, but I could do that.

As I said, if anyone local, that knows some good roads wants to make some recommendations, we can do those, otherwise I'll do a run to Goodwood and back, taking in some proper roads.
    Nutty - I've not been following this thread as I can't make the weekend sadly. Just picked up on it though and I do have a bit if local knowledge, so if you want to pm me with your proposed route I'll happily take a gander and make suggestions if I can.

Hope that might be of some help.

Stay Frosty Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    the new forest is very pretty, but is often full of grockles, cyclists and other undesirables, not to mention the ponies, donkeys and deer. it is also pretty much covered by a blanket 40mph speed limit.

i never ride there for fun, but there's not very much of the forest in JB's route.

the ride towards salisbury is a good idea, then i'd go from wilton to shaftsbury on the A30. then tea and cake at compton abbas airfield. from there to verwood is nice and fast with little traffic. some of the best roads near me in fact.

i'm not really familiar with the last bit back to weyhill.

i don't don't recall having been on the roads from weyhill to goodwood either, so that sounds fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    the new forest is very pretty, but is often full of grockles, cyclists and other undesirables, not to mention the ponies, donkeys and deer. it is also pretty much covered by a blanket 40mph speed limit.

i never ride there for fun, but there's not very much of the forest in JB's route.

the ride towards salisbury is a good idea, then i'd go from wilton to shaftsbury on the A30. then tea and cake at compton abbas airfield. from there to verwood is nice and fast with little traffic. some of the best roads near me in fact.

i don't don't recall having been on the roads from weyhill to goodwood either, so that sounds fine to me.
    Cheers Cookie, a point overlooked
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Take a ride to Lawrence of Arabias house, Clouds hill, lovely empty roads if you know where you're going. From there ride through Moreton forest which is one minute away (all legal), and through the ford (one mile detour for those that don't want to), the other side of the ford is Moreton village, where lawrence is buried. Also nice place where you can stop for lunch, the old schoolhouse cafe.
    From there ride across purbeck and along the MOD section of coast road (always open on a weekend) and come out by corfe castle, from there ride to the swanage and then studland for the chain ferry across to Poole, then have a mad dash back to the hogroast.

A nice day out.
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddmeister View Post
    Nutty - I've not been following this thread as I can't make the weekend sadly. Just picked up on it though and I do have a bit if local knowledge, so if you want to pm me with your proposed route I'll happily take a gander and make suggestions if I can.

Hope that might be of some help.
    Thanks Todd, I appreciate that.

That's the conclusion I reached. We'll have a good day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
    Take a ride to Lawrence of Arabias house, Clouds hill, lovely empty roads if you know where you're going. From there ride through Moreton forest which is one minute away (all legal), and through the ford (one mile detour for those that don't want to), the other side of the ford is Moreton village, where lawrence is buried. Also nice place where you can stop for lunch, the old schoolhouse cafe.
    From there ride across purbeck and along the MOD section of coast road (always open on a weekend) and come out by corfe castle, from there ride to the swanage and then studland for the chain ferry across to Poole, then have a mad dash back to the hogroast.

A nice day out.
    Are you offering to lead?

Snap to the above. Add to that I'm still on holiday in France so do not have access to my electronic maps.

Agree with the New Forest. Meon Valley is good along with the run from Andover to Stockbridge and Stockbridge up to Farley Mount. Café / Tea stops at airfields are also cool. You have Popham / Lasham and another one I cant bloody remember. You could route north and pass through Watership Down / Lasham etc.

You can route across to Goodwood using the Meon Valley. Routing past South Harting to Goodwood is a little hazy for me at the moment. Trundle hill provokes painful memories (Cycling)

Cycled this a few times. Good route. Also remember a nice Roman road on the return leg (bloody headwind).

And yes I've cycled a lot

Well Nutty, you're now spoilt for choice....make it so No. 1 and may the force be with you.....
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

Keith, I recommend The Cod, Chips and mussy peas at The Coastguard at St Margret's Bay btw.....real tosser sized portions and bloody lovely.

http://www.thecoastguard.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by y2blade View Post
    Keith, I recommend The Cod, Chips and mussy peas at The Coastguard at St Margret's Bay btw.....real tosser sized portions and bloody lovely.

http://www.thecoastguard.co.uk/
    Shweeet.......well that's a lunch venue sorted....
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

Are you offering to lead?
    Steptoe will be in his Wobbly Box

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Bouncer View Post
    Well Nutty, you're now spoilt for choice....make it so No. 1 and may the force be with you.....
    Main reason for not organizing runs anymore

LOST DOG will be ROAD O.K as well,
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Stay Frosty Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    lost dog has no interest for me.

too much like hard work and not enough riding the bike.

ok, being honest, i don't really know what it is - treasure hunt? if so, not for me.

lost dog has no interest for me.

too much like hard work and not enough riding the bike.

ok, being honest, i don't really know what it is - treasure hunt? if so, not for me.
    I asked on the other thread

Quote Originally Posted by y2blade View Post
    Steve can you explain the Lost Dog thingy to me please, how does it work?

Do participants have to find and photo each "flyer" ????
    Do you give out the maps?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is stumped by it......or maybe I am but never scared to put my hand up and ask if something is not clear

glad i'm not alone in not understanding it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast